Bits and Pieces - January 15, 2013
January 15, 2013
Beyoncé and Jay-Z reportedly spent $200,000 on their daughter's first birthday party. Instead of one of those bouncy castles, they got her a real castle.
JENNIFER LAWRENCE is back on the market as she's split from her boyfriend of two years, NICHOLAS HOULT. They met while filming X-Men: First Class and she told the December issue of Elle, "He is honestly my best friend, and hopefully I'm his best friend, too. He's my favorite person to be around and he makes me laugh harder than anybody."
You won't have to wait quite as long to see the eighth and probably final season of DEXTER. Showtime says the new season will debut on June 30th.
- BLACK SABBATH will release their first album with OZZY OSBOURNE in 35 years this June. It'll be called "13" and if you're keeping score at home, the album will be the band's ninth with Ozzy and 19th overall. However, drummer Bill Ward will be replaced in the studio by Brad Wilk of Rage Against the Machine.
- A clip from BEYONCE'S upcoming HBO documentary "Life Is But a Dream" has been released. The film makes its debut on Wednesday. (See and hear here)
- Charges have been formally filed against RANDY TRAVIS over his infamous naked arrest last August in Sherman, Texas. Travis was charged with one count of DUI. Word is that a plea deal is in the works.
- Jay Leno: Nicki Minaj; actor Billy Connolly; The Saturdays perform
- David Letterman: Charlie Sheen; sportscaster Phil Simms; Jose James performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ellen DeGeneres; Bachelor Sean Lowe; One Republic performs
- Conan: Dennis Quaid; Rob Riggle; Chris Mann
- Jimmy Fallon: Uma Thurman; TV judge Tim Gunn; Bobby Collins performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jenna Elfman; producer Guillermo del Toro
- Carson Daly: Singer Wyclef Jean; filmmaker Eugene Jarecki; The Walkmen
Kyle Busch has reportedly signed a multiyear contract extension with Joe Gibbs Racing. An official announcement could come next week.
Being married to Daytona Beach, Florida's Jeannette Morris was a real drag. Jeannette, her brother Harold Anderson and Joan Hobart were drinking with her ex-husband Robert Hall in the house they still shared. At some point in the evening of merriment Jeannette apparently remembered why she divorced Robert and the three proceeded to Taser and punch him before tying a rope around his ankles and dragging him for a half mile from the rear bumper of a truck. The trio also cut off a lock of Robert's hair and discussed finding a hole to bury him in before he finally escaped. Jeannette now faces numerous charges including attempted murder.
1943: Franklin D. Roosevelt, became the first U.S. President to fly in an airplane
musician Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) 44