Bits and Pieces - January 16, 2013
January 16, 2013
President Obama's half-brother has announced that he's running for governor in Kenya. Unfortunately, his candidacy is already in jeopardy because some people there are claiming he was actually born in Hawaii.
BACKSTREET BOY A.J. MCLEAN says RYAN GOSLING could've been a member of the group. A.J. says they lived in the same apartment building when the Backstreet Boys first got together, which is also right around the time that Gosling joined the "Mickey Mouse Club." Ryan didn't think the band had a shot, but when he was proven wrong, Gosling says he tried to reach out to A.J., but McLean never returned his calls. However, A.J. says that's news to him and now he says he wants Gosling to join the group. Not that Gosling is likely to accept the offer, but A.J. says Ryan has a killer voice.
ROBIN ROBERTS is planning to return to GOOD MORNING AMERICA next month. Roberts left the show in August to get a bone marrow transplant for a rare blood disorder and is now bald from the chemotherapy treatments. Roberts plans to return to the set next week so doctors can determine how her newly sensitive skin will react to the studio lights and makeup.
- THE YEAH YEAH YEAHS will release their next album, called "Mosquito," on April 16th. Karen O says the band took a "lo-fi approach" to writing songs for the album and she says it has more moodier and tripped-out songs.
- LADY GAGA had a couple of wardrobe malfunctions during her show in Vancouver last Friday. In what some thought was in bad taste, she wore a bra with two fake plastic assault rifles attached to it. Also during the show, Lady G had a real wardrobe malfunction when her latex pants split down the middle, revealing her bare butt. (See here)
- MINDY MCCREADY has announced the passing of her "life partner" David Wilson. He was the father of her 9-month-old son, Zayne, and apparently died on Sunday at the age of 34. Authorities say the death was suicide by gunshot.
- Good Morning America: Actress Claire Bowen; chef Homaro Cantu; Sandy Hook Elementary students perform with Ingrid Michaelson
- CBS This Morning: Oprah Winfrey
- Today: Kim and Kourtney Kardashian; actor Mark Wahlberg
- Kelly & Michael: Mark Wahlberg; reality TV stars Kim and Kourtney Kardashian
- The View: Emmy Rossum performs
- The Talk: Rachel Bilson; author Ken Lindner ("Your Killer Emotions")
- Ellen DeGeneres: Rapper Nicki Minaj
The San Antonio Spurs say that guard Manu Ginobili suffered a Grade 1 strain of his left hamstring during the team's win over the Timberwolves on Sunday and is expected to be out 10-to-14 days.
Belle, Missouri's 21-year-old Shawn Bryan Naber Jr. apparently cut one too many classes when he attended Elsberry High School. Had Naber been in class a little more often, he may have had the knowledge that a bomb threat called into his former school could be traced. Naber was soon chatting with authorities and was arrested after admitting that he made the call.
2009: A U.S. Airways jet was forced to ditch in New York's Hudson River after engine failure. All 155 on board survived.
actress Regina King (How Stella Got Her Groove Back, Ray, Daddy Day Care) 42