Bits and Pieces - January 17, 2013
January 17, 2013
Charlie Sheen has revealed that he's going to be a grandfather. You can tell Charlie is getting older because nowadays his drug of choice is Celebrex.
Crazy Tony is even too crazy for HONEY BOO-BOO'S family! Mama June has banned Tony from appearing on future episodes of "Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo." You may remember that Tony was arrested back in November for scaring people on the side of a freeway in a giant gorilla costume. Mama June tells TMZ that she's not trying to be mean, but they want to keep the show family oriented. She also says that even though they call him a "cousin" on the show, Tony is actually just a family friend. As for Tony, he says, he's super bummed out by the news, adding: "TV's changed that family." Meanwhile, Uncle Poodle has revealed he's HIV positive. He says he was diagnosed last year and has agreed to press charges against the boyfriend that infected him.
JESSICA SIMPSON has signed a deal with NBC to star in a sitcom based on her life. The network says Jessica's character will approach a variety of everyday circumstances that will get audiences laughing out loud.
- ELTON JOHN is now confirming rumors that he previously denied. Elton and partner David Furnish have indeed welcomed another child via a surrogate. It turns out that the rumor mill had just jumped the gun as Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John was born in Los Angeles on Friday.
- The Oxygen channel has pulled the plug on the SHAWTY LO reality show All My Babies Mamas. The show had raised a stink among groups that felt the show perpetuated negative stereotypes about African American families. If you're keeping score, Shawty has fathered 11 children with 10 different mothers.
- TIM MCGRAW will kick off his Two Lanes of Freedom tour on May 2nd in Birmingham, Alabama. BRANTLEY GILBERT and LOVE AND THEFT will be the opening acts.
- Jay Leno: Mark Wahlberg; actress Ali Wentworth; JJAMZ performs
- David Letterman: Kim and Kourtney Kardashian; Buddy Guy performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ray Romano; actress Amy Brenneman; Phillip Phillips performs
- Conan: Marion Cotillard; Jim Jefferies; Trampled by Turtles
- Jimmy Fallon: Jeremy Renner; TV host Hoda Kotb; singer Jessie Ware
- Craig Ferguson: Don Cheadle; actor D.J. Qualls
- Carson Daly: Authors Deepak and Gotham Chopra; comic Tig Notaro; Milo Green performs
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson says he's received approval from NBA Commissioner David Stern to present a counteroffer to the league from a group of buyers who would keep the team in Sacramento.
Centralia, Washington's Melisa Akers came up with a brilliant plan to maximize her profits in the drug dealing business by passing off a few cents worth of salt as hundreds of dollars worth of methamphetamine to unsuspecting customers. However, Melisa was unprepared for the response when they became suspecting customers and angrily pounded on her door demanding refunds. A panicked Melisa called 911 for assistance but, when police responded, they found her smoking marijuana with three teenage boys. Centralia Officer Corey Butcher said, "It's hard to put into words the level of intelligence that goes along with this."
2007: Illinois Senator Barack Obama kicked off his successful presidential campaign
supermodel Kate Moss 39