Bits and Pieces - January 22, 2013
January 22, 2013
A movie about Lance Armstrong is already in the works. They say the movie will be rated R, meaning no one under 17 will be admitted without a syringe.
Not only did JODIE FOSTER sort of come out of the closet during her Golden Globes speech, but she also thanked MEL GIBSON by saying, "You know, you save me, too." Now the tabloids are saying that Mel may be the biological father of Jodie's kids. They were sitting at the table with Gibson and it was noted that the kids look like Mel. Jodie has said she won't tell her kids who their father is until they're 21, but it could explain why Foster has been loyal to Mel when the rest of Hollywood shunned him following his controversies. The other prime paternity possibility is Randy Stone, an openly gay casting director friend of Foster who died of heart disease in 2007.
ROBERT CHEW, who played Proposition Joe on the HBO series The Wire, has died at the age of 52. Chew suffered a heart attack at his Baltimore home on Thursday and the coroner listed "morbid obesity" as a contributing factor.
- DAVE GROHL debuted his side project, the Sound City Players, at the Sundance Film Festival. The 17 musicians included Rage Against the Machine's Brad Wilk, Queens of the Stone Age's Alain Johannes, Nirvana's Krist Novoselic, Masters of Reality's Chris Goss, Lee Ving, Cheap Trick's Rick Nielsen, Slip Knot's Corey Taylor, Rick Springfield, John Fogerty and Stevie Nicks. Grohl was at the festival with his documentary movie about the Sound City recording studio.
- You may still get to see the SHAWTY LO reality show about his 11 kids and 10 baby mamas. After Oxygen pulled the plug on the show All My Babies Mamas, Shawty says he's had offers from other cable channels.
- THOMPSON SQUARE'S new album, "Just Feels Good," will be out on March 26th. The album includes the new song "If I Didn't Have You."
- Jay Leno: Sally Field; comic Michael Kosta; Lord Huron performs
- David Letterman: Jamie Foxx; TV host Julie Chen; DIIV performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ryan Gosling; Brad Paisley performs
- Conan: Timothy Olyphant; Busy Philipps; Coheed and Cambria
- Jimmy Fallon: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg; reality-TV star NeNe Leakes; T.I. performs
- Craig Ferguson: Kristen Stewart; author Sloane Crosley; ventriloquist Terry Fator
- Carson Daly: Sports journalist Dave Zirin; entrepreneur Bre Pettis; The Jezabels
Notre Dame's Manti Te'o will sit down with Katie Couric for his first televised interview since claiming to be the victim of an elaborate "catfishing" hoax. The interview with Te'o and his parents will air Thursday.
Manatee County, Florida's 48-year-old James Flenniken went to his local Wal-Mart to pick up some beer, wine and steaks. Unfortunately, James just picked the items up and didn't bother to pay for the $79.30 in merchandise. Police then picked up James on shoplifting charges and he later explained his light fingers by saying he wanted to "impress a lady."
1915: The first Kiwanis club was formed in Detroit
actress Geena Davis (Thelma and Louise, Beetlejuice, A League Of Their Own) 56