Bits and Pieces - January 30, 2013
January 30, 2013
Hugh Hefner's longtime secretary has passed away. Hefner is said to be taking the news pretty hard...at least after he's had his Viagra.
JUSTIN BIEBER admits that he's pretty bummed following his split with SELENA GOMEZ. Justin told Billboard magazine, "I'm not in the happiest place that I've ever been." He also said he's trying to get through it and that his friends cheer him up and keep him going. Justin also denied tabloid stories that he calls Selena a bunch of times every day, but she won't pick up the phone. Justin has released a new acoustic song, presumably about the breakup, called Nothing Like Us. Some of the lyrics include: "I gave you everything, babe/Well, everything I had to give/Girl, why would you push me away, yeah..." (Hear here) Bieber also took time to post shirtless photos of himself in his boxers online. (See here)
DR. PHIL'S interview with Manti Te'o hoaxer Ronaiah Tuiasosopo will air in two parts this Thursday and Friday.
- ONEREPUBLIC and MATCHBOX TWENTY will perform at the Super Bowl pregame show in New Orleans on Sunday. Parts of the show will air live on CBS' Super Bowl Today.
- RICK ROSS escaped a shooting attempt in Fort Lauderdale yesterday morning. Police say the shooters pulled up alongside Ross' car, but all the shots missed. However, Ross crashed into an apartment building while trying to flee, but neither Ross, nor his passenger, was hurt. Ross had received threats from the Gangster Disciples street gang in recent months.
- Look for THE ZAC BROWN BAND performing during the Daytona 500 pre-race show on Sunday, February 24th. CLAY COOK will sing the national anthem before the race.
- Good Morning America: News and entertainment
- CBS This Morning: Taco Bell CEO Greg Creed; Westminster Kennel Club dog show host David Frei
- Today: Melissa McCarthy; Emeli Sande performs; "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"; the game with Kathie Lee and Hoda
- Kelly & Michael: Actress Melissa McCarthy; actor Stephen Amell
- The View: Guest co-host Melissa Joan Hart; actor Billy Gardell; actor Max Greenfield; Ryan Bingham performs
- The Talk: Co-host Pat Monahan; TV host Craig Ferguson; Train performs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Sally Field; actress Quvenzhane Wallis
San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith will reportedly ask for his release from the team before the start of free agency. The 49ers have been expected to try to trade Smith since Colin Kaepernick established himself as the team's starter.
Police in Bellport, New York recently spotted 27-year-old Mizzie Artis driving her car while talking on a cell phone and not wearing a seat belt, both of which are traffic violations. After noticing that police were observing her, Mizze drove away, failing to stop at a stop sign or signal when turning. It would've behooved Mizzie to obey all traffic laws because officers might not have pulled her over and discovered the 92 pounds of marijuana in her car, which led to her arrest.
2009: Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich was impeached and removed from office.
singer Adam Lambert 31