Bits and Pieces - January 31, 2013
January 31, 2013
According to a new report, the New York Yankees' Alex Rodriguez may have recently used performance-enhancing drugs. Considering his performance the last few years, if I were Alex, I'd ask for a refund.
CHRIS BROWN says he didn't start Sunday night's fight with FRANK OCEAN in a Hollywood recording studio parking lot and his lawyer not only says he's willing to talk to police, but they have a surveillance video of the fight showing that Chris didn't throw a single punch. The problem is, the video only shows the last part of the fight and it doesn't explain why Chris is walking around with a cast on his right hand. A witness has said that Brown did throw the first punch.
There's good news for daytime TV fans as CBS has renewed "The Bold and the Beautiful," "The Talk," "The Price is Right," "Let's Make a Deal" and "The Young and the Restless" through the 2013-14 season.
- JON BON JOVI has revealed that he turned down the chance to be a judge on both The X Factor and American Idol last year. However, Bon Jovi says he turned them all down because he and the band are too busy.
- RIHANNA has posted some more scantily clad photos of herself, however this time it's part of a tourism campaign for her native Barbados. Rihanna sent out a couple of Instagram shots of herself in a bathing suit on the beach.
- Some lucky people cruising on a yacht on the Seine River in France got the added bonus of a TAYLOR SWIFT concert! Taylor played for fans aboard the Yachts de Paris Mirage cruise in the City of Lights. Yesterday morning Taylor tweeted: "Thank you to all the fans in France and Spain for making this trip so lovely. Headed back to [America] now!"
- Good Morning America: News and entertainment
- CBS This Morning: Popeye's CEO Cheryl Bachelder; producer Robert Horowitz
- Today: Liza Minnelli, Joel Grey, Michael York and Marisa Berenson ("Cabaret"); chef Mark Bittman; actor Steven Pasquale; author Michael Bolton
- Kelly & Michael: Dustin Hoffman; actress Keri Russell
- The View: Guest co-host KaDee Strickland; actors Kerry Washington and Tony Goldwyn; Andrea Bocelli and David Foster perform
- The Talk: Neil Patrick Harris; TV host Kevin Frazier; Train performs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Catherine Zeta-Jones; actor Nicholas Hoult; tennis player Sloane Stephens
The Baltimore Ravens have defeated the San Francisco 49ers 27-24 in Super Bowl 47. At least that's according to a simulation played on Madden NFL 13. The Madden NFL game has correctly called seven of the last nine Super Bowls.
California's Sharon Osgood answered an ad on Craigslist selling four tickets to the Super Bowl. Sharon and her boyfriend spoke to the seller for several days, an investment banker whose wife was eight months pregnant and therefore couldn't go to the game. At least that was his story. After Sharon wired him $5,900 for four tickets the FedEx envelope soon arrived. However, instead of tickets it contained only pictures of Colin Kaepernick and Ray Lewis and the taunting note that said, "Enjoy the game! Go Ravens!" "LOL." As it turns out, Sharon's stupidity was rewarded as the 49ers and Ticketmaster bailed them out and got them free tickets.
1994: The Buffalo Bills lost their record setting fourth straight Super Bowl, this time to the Dallas Cowboys, 30-13
actor Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show, Fast Food Nation, Larry Crowne) 33