Bits and Pieces - February 1, 2013
February 1, 2013
Alex Rodriguez has rented out his $38 million mansion in Miami for $125,000 per month. It sounds like a lot, but Alex is throwing in free cable.
ROBERT KARDASHIAN'S widow, Ellen, has released what she claims are diary entries he wrote in the early 90's concerning Kris Jenner and the girls. In one entry, Robert wrote that he got a "crying and hysterical" phone call from Kourtney, claiming Kris was pulling her hair and twisting her arms. Another entry dated reads that Kourtney and Kim "are scared and nervous, have been beat up several times before and are very, very intimidated." The Kardashian girls have denied the story and there's no mention of anyone doing a handwriting analysis to determine whether Robert really wrote them.
CBS has renewed HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER for a ninth and final season this coming fall. The entire cast will be back and, yes, the identity of the mother will be revealed.
- THE STROKES have a new album called "Comedown Machine" on the way March 26th. A song called "All the Time" will be the first official single, although the band posted the track "One Way Trigger" as a free download on their official website last Friday. If you pre-order the album you'll get "All the Time" as a free download on February 19th.
- SNOOP DOGG...or Lion's new documentary Reincarnated, which follows his transformation from hip-hop star to reggae singer, will open in select cities on March 15th. The documentary made its world premiere last September at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- LUKE BRYAN will release his next Spring Break-themed album, called Spring Break...Here to Party, on March 5th. The full length album will include many of the songs released on previous Spring Break EPs as well as two new tracks.
- Jay Leno: Piers Morgan; actress Quvenzhane Wallis and director Benh Zeitlin; Lisa Loeb performs
- David Letterman: Al Pacino; Macklemore & Ryan Lewis performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Lawrence; Katie Couric; Tegan and Sara perform
- Conan: Occupy Conan
- Jimmy Fallon: Channing Tatum; actress Megan Hilty; author Tim Ferriss; Graham Parker performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Rashida Jones; actress Julie Gonzalo
- Carson Daly: Actor Dominic Monaghan; Regina Spektor performs
The NBA has announced that Nets center Brook Lopez will replace Celtics guard Rajon Rondo on the Eastern Conference All-Star team. Rondo is out for the season and will undergo surgery on his right knee.
An unnamed 17-year-old girl in Newport News, Virginia recently embarked upon a career in crime by robbing a pizza delivery driver. Unfortunately for the girl, her foray into the criminal underworld didn't go so well. While taking the driver's food and money, she neglected to take his car keys and cell phone. As the girl escaped on her bike, the pizza driver followed behind in his car and called police, leading them straight to her, which led her straight to the juvenile detention center.
1865: The House of Representatives passed a constitutional amendment to abolish slavery
singer/actor Justin Timberlake (The Social Network, Bad Teacher) 32