Bits and Pieces - February 4, 2013
February 4, 2013
Hugh Hefner's wife, Playmate Crystal Harris, is auctioning off her wedding gown and shoes for charity. It's certainly not the first time she's shed clothing for money.
NFL Hall of Fame quarterback and CBS football analyst DAN MARINO has admitted to fathering a child out of wedlock. The New York Post reported that Marino had an affair with former CBS Sports production assistant Donna Savattere and they had a daughter in June 2005. Marino issued a statement saying, "This is a personal and private matter. I take full responsibility both personally and financially for my actions now as I did then. We mutually agreed to keep our arrangement private to protect all parties involved." Marino has been married for 28 years to his wife, Claire, and they have four sons and two adopted daughters and have apparently been able to work things out. Word is that Marino agreed to pay her millions and Savattere moved from New York to Texas to keep the relationship and child a secret.
Talk show host GERALDO RIVERA says he's considering running for a U.S. Senate seat. Geraldo says he's been in touch with some people in the Republican Party in New Jersey and may run against Frank Lautenberg in 2014.
- METALLICA will close this year's Revolver Golden Gods Awards ceremony on May 2nd with a live performance. It'll be Metallica's first appearance at the show and they'll be presented with the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award. WWF wrestler Chris Jericho will host the ceremonies.
- CBS says it will air a behind-the-scenes look at how WHITNEY HOUSTON'S death affected the 2012 Grammy Awards. It's called The Grammys Will Go On: A Death in the Family and it'll air a week from tomorrow, the night before this year's awards ceremony.
- KENNY CHESNEY will release his next album, "Life on a Rock," on April 30th. The album was recorded in various locales, including Los Angeles, Hawaii, Jamaica, Nashville, London and Key West.
- Good Morning America: Tim McGraw performs; New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees; chef Emeril Lagasse
- CBS This Morning: Eli Manning; actor Neil Patrick Harris
- Today: Actors Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright ("House of Cards")
- Kelly & Michael: Sarah Jessica Parker; actress Kate Mara
- The View: Guest co-host Tim Hasselbeck; TV personalities Lisa Vanderpump, Stassi Schroeder and Scheana Marie
- The Talk: New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees; sportscaster Jim Nantz; actor Daniel Dae Kim; chef Emeril Lagasse; Train performs
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor Chris Tucker; actor Nolan Gould
The Arizona Diamondbacks have agreed to a $40 million, four-year contract with third baseman Martin Prado. This comes just a week after the Diamondbacks acquired him in a trade from Atlanta.
Pastor Alois Bell of the St. Louis-based Truth in the World Deliverance Ministries recently dined with friends at a local Applebee's. At the end of the meal, Pastor Bell scratched out the automatic 18 percent gratuity, and wrote: "I Give God 10 percent, why do you get 18?" Someone posted a photo of the receipt online, it went viral and Pastor Bell saw it. So, what would Jesus do? Who knows, but Pastor Bell called the restaurant and demanded everyone involved, from servers to the managers, be fired. Everyone still has their jobs, except the waitress who posted the receipt. She was fired, even though she didn't wait on their table.
1863: The fire extinguisher was patented by Alanson Crane.
actor Robert Wagner (Austin Powers, Hart to Hart, It Takes a Thief) 83