Bits and Pieces - February 6, 2013
February 6, 2013
Senator John McCain is being criticized over a Tweet that he sent in which he compared Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to a monkey. Critics called it highly offensive and demeaning to monkeys.
Apparently that was SELENA GOMEZ who was photographed at JUSTIN BIEBER'S house over the weekend. While they're not officially a couple again, word is that they are spending time together and have been talking and texting quite a bit over the last few weeks. Bieber and Selena went to a concert by girl group YLA on Saturday night. Selena reportedly still refers to Justin as her ex-boyfriend and is taking things very slowly.
Another daytime talk show bites the dust...The RICKI LAKE Show won't be back for a second season. Original episodes will air through September.
- FALL OUT BOY will release a new album, called "Save Rock and Roll," on May 7th. The first single is called "My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark," and it's already on iTunes. However, they're not calling it a reunion, saying that they never officially broke up. After a few club dates this week, they'll kick off a tour on May 14th in Milwaukee.
- JERMAINE DUPRI is a lot lighter in the wallet after paying off his $3 million tax debt to the IRS. The government filed a tax lien against Dupri in 2008, but he's now paid off the debt and has had the lien lifted.
- TOBY KEITH has announced that he'll hit the road on the Hammer Down tour starting June 8th in Ozark, Arkansas. KIP MOORE will be the opening act.
- Good Morning America: TV host Leeza Gibbons; trainer Tracy Anderson
- CBS This Morning: Former General Motors CEO Ed Whitacre
- Today: Actress Katharine McPhee; actress Tiffani Thiessen; author Nick Savoy; authors Julie Andrews and Emma Walton Hamilton
- Kelly & Michael: Katharine McPhee; talk-show host Leeza Gibbons
- The View: A performance from guest co-host Jewel
- The Talk: Comic Margaret Cho; author Gretchen Rubin
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Jessica Chastain; Tim McGraw performs
The Detroit Lions have released receiver Titus Young. Late last month he dared the team to get rid him, tweeting: "If y'all going to cut me let me go...I'm tired of the threats." In November, Young was deactivated because he lined up in the wrong spots on a few plays.
Duane Smith, Triston Thomas and Richard Norris recently stole nearly $3,000 worth of audio equipment from the New Jerusalem Church in Uniondale, New York. The Lord worked in mysterious ways as Reverend Ada Jones went to Sam Ash Music to replace the stolen gear just as the trio of crooks was looking to sell the equipment they stole. Reverend Jones recognized her audio gear, police were called and the crooks were arrested. Reverend Jones later said she has plenty of good material for her sermon on Sunday.
2007: NASA astronaut Lisa Nowak was arrested in Orlando for allegedly trying to kidnap a rival for the affections of a fellow astronaut.
actor Darren Criss (Glee, Girl Most Likely, Eastwick) 26