Bits and Pieces - February 11, 2013
February 11, 2013
After watching her Super Bowl halftime performance, some people are questioning whether Beyonce has gotten a nose job. I'm questioning who would be looking at Beyonce's nose while she wore that outfit.
HUGH HEFNER and CRYSTAL HARRIS tied the knot at the Playboy mansion on New Year's Eve and Crystal was asked this week whether she and her 86-year-old husband had sex. Not that it's anyone's business, but Crystal would only say, "No comment." However, she did elaborate, "I feel like since Hef is older now and he's had...the phase of his life-the phases of all the girlfriends and all that kind of stuff-I feel now is more, you know, like cuddling up and watching a movie or playing backgammon. We play Uno with the girls..."
NBC has announced that THE OFFICE will be going out of business for good with a one-hour finale on May 16th. It'll be the show's 200th episode.
- You can't say ELTON JOHN isn't versatile. Elton has recorded a track with QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE for their upcoming album. Elton says he went into the studio with Dave Grohl and company right after he did a recording session with ENGELBERT HUMPERDINCK.
- BEYONCé says she's going to be keeping ticket prices low for fans on The Mrs. Carter Show tour. The tour kicks off in Serbia on April 15th and will hit Europe and America throughout the summer. Tickets go on sale Monday.
- Dixie Chick NATALIE MAINES is flying the coop. Natalie will release her debut solo album, called Mother, on May 7th. You can expect more of a more rock-based sound seeing as how the title track is a Pink Floyd cover.
- Good Morning America: Actress Madeleine Stowe; TV personality Bethenny Frankel; reality TV stars Kendall and Kylie Jenner
- CBS This Morning: Cinnabon President Kat Cole
- Today: Tiffany Thiessen; journalist Jane Pauley; authors Chrisanna Northrup and Pepper Schwartz
- Kelly & Michael: Jennifer Hudson; actress Madeleine Stowe
- The View: A performance from guest co-host Rick Springfield
- The Talk: LL Cool J; TV host Lisa Ling
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ewan McGregor; Sophia Grace and Rosie
Following his reinstatement by the NFL, the Tennessee Titans hired Gregg Williams as a senior assistant yesterday. Williams had been on indefinite suspension for his role in the Bounty-gate scandal as Saints defensive coordinator.
Rowan Atkinson bought a McLaren F1 supercar with the earnings from his first Mr. Bean film. It turns out he had a Mr. Bean-like adventure in it as he lost control of the 240 mph vehicle and hit a tree. After a year of repairs, Atkinson has his car back after his insurance paid the $1.3 million repair bill when they determined it was cheaper than replacing the then-$1 million car, which has since tripled in value
1801: The House of Representatives broke an electoral tie between Thomas Jefferson and Aaron Burr, electing Jefferson president and Burr as vice president.
musician Ed Sheeran 22