Bits and Pieces - February 12, 2013
February 12, 2013
Kate Upton is the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue cover model for the second year in a row. You have to admit, Kate has a fine pair of covers.
LINDSAY LOHAN has apparently upgraded her accommodations. After reports said she was so broke that she had to move back in with her mother, they're now saying she's living in a New York City penthouse. Lindsay is still broke, but whoever owns the place is letting Lindsay stay there rent-free. Among her new neighbors are Lenny Kravitz, Nicole Kidman and Ben Stiller. The $6 million penthouse features a 24/7 concierge service, wine cellar and tasting room. Apparently Lindsay's benefactor hasn't set a limit on how long she can stay, but if those stories about her being a total slob and smoking like a chimney are true, she may not be there long term.
CHRISTINA APPLEGATE has quit the TV show "UP ALL NIGHT" over creative differences. Rumor has it that Christina's departure has to do with the show's plans to switch from a single-camera to multi-camera format and begin taping in front of a live studio audience.
- An auction of JOEY RAMONE'S belongings is happening online through February 21st. Among the items up for grabs are his record collection, some of his clothes, his passport, handwritten lyrics and his Rolodex. You can check out the goods at RRAuction.com.
- LIL WAYNE says he was ejected from the Miami Heat's game against the Los Angeles Lakers because he was for rooting for the Lakers. However, after Wayne sent out a tweet about getting booted, the Heat issued a statement saying Lil Wayne wasn't ejected from the building and that he chose to leave.
- BLAKE SHELTON will debut the video for "Sure Be Cool If You Did" on the Today Show this morning. No word on which hour it will air.
- Jay Leno: James Spader; mentalist Lior Suchard; Far East Movement performs
- David Letterman: Bill O'Reilly; Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models; The Avett Brothers perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mindy Kaling; author Carl Reiner; Family of the Year performs
- Conan: Don Cheadle; Ed Sheeran performs
- Jimmy Fallon: John Goodman; Carmelo Anthony; Gary Allan performs
- Craig Ferguson: Julie Andrews; actress Grace Park
- Carson Daly: Chef Ludo Lefebvre; photographer Ian Ruhter; Superhumanoids
The Seattle Mariners have reportedly hit a snag in Felix Hernandez's new seven-year, $175 million contract. The Mariners won't say, but rumor has it that there are concerns over Hernandez's elbow following a physical examination.
Philadelphia's John Huttick was sobbing on the witness stand as he testified about losing his eye during a fight at a local bar. As he testified, John's $3,000 prosthetic blue eye popped out as two jurors gasped and started to rise. John grabbed the eye and said, "I couldn't believe it just came out." Perhaps there was no pun intended when Judge Robert Coleman declared a mistrial and called it an "unfortunate, unforeseen incident."
1948: The La-Z-Boy recliner was invented
actor Taylor Lautner (Twilight, Valentine's Day, Cheaper By The Dozen 2) 21