Bits and Pieces - February 20, 2013
February 20, 2013
It's now reported that Pope Benedict hit his head during his trip to Mexico last March. Apparently the head injury was pretty serious because it was nearly six months before the pope could resume wear pointy hats.
Word has it that KIM KARDASHIAN isn't pleased about her expanding figure now that she's about five months into her pregnancy. Kim has reportedly gone up four bra sizes, and gotten bigger in other areas as well. A source says, "At first, she didn't mind because she was excited to be pregnant, but now she's flipping out because she didn't think it would be this extreme." Incidentally, they say Kanye West is okay with her weight gain and encourages her to eat whatever she wants.
MICHAEL JACKSON'S son, Prince Michael Jackson, has landed a gig as a correspondent for Entertainment Tonight. His first assignment was to interview James Franco, Zach Braff and director Sam Raimi about their new movie, Oz the Great and Powerful.
- TRAVIS BARKER won't be joining BLINK-182 for their upcoming Australian tour. Barker is understandably still afraid of flying after his 2008 plane crash in South Carolina. Barker says he gave the band his blessing to take another drummer and that he hopes to go to Australia again someday, perhaps by ship.
- NE-YO'S performance at the NBA All-Star Game on Sunday wasn't one of his best and now he's not only apologizing for the performance, but for attacking those that dared criticize him online. Ne-Yo responded to critics by Tweeting: "Shout out to those showing love. Everybody has an off day....all good. F**k any and all haters. Talk it while I live it bitches!!!" (See and hear performance here)
- If you're wondering which boyfriend TAYLOR SWIFT'S I Knew You Were Trouble is about, that would apparently be Harry Styles. They went public with their relationship late last year after briefly dating the previous April. They split the first time when Harry was caught kissing a model while in Australia.
- Jay Leno: Actress Robin Wright; actor Josh Gad; Bonnie Raitt performs
- David Letterman: Michelle Williams; actor Chris O'Donnell
- Jimmy Kimmel: Anthony Edwards; author Mike Piazza
- Conan: Andy Samberg; Josh Hopkins; Lisa Loeb
- Jimmy Fallon: David Spade; actress Cecily Strong; Atlas Genius performs
- Craig Ferguson: Jon Cryer; actress Melissa Benoist
- Carson Daly: Actor Jai Courtney; filmmaker Brett Novak and skateboarder Kilian Martin; Delta Rae performs
Indiana remains atop the Associated Press Top 25 college basketball poll for the third straight week. Miami moves up one spot to second, with Gonzaga, Michigan State and Florida rounding out the top five.
Hopefully, your Valentine's Day went better than Skokie, Illinois' 51-year-old Elaine Cook and her 47-year-old boyfriend. The couple got into a lover's spat after returning home from a date and she asked him to leave. As he headed for the door, he made one last attempt to patch things up. However, when he went in for a kiss Elaine bit off a chunk of his tongue. After removing the tongue from her mouth, Elaine tossed it on the counter and her boyfriend stuffed it into a bag with ice. Doctors were unable to reattach the tongue, but the man can reportedly still talk...just not to her. While most of the right side of the man's tongue is missing, Elaine will need a mouthpiece as she was arrested for aggravated domestic battery.
2008: Fidel Castro resigned as Cuba's president.
actor Benicio Del Toro (Traffic, Sin City, The Pledge) 46