Bits and Pieces - February 21, 2013
February 21, 2013
Vice President Joe Biden says that those people that want to defend themselves should buy a shotgun. However, Joe says that personally he still prefers to shoot his mouth off.
You may remember hearing about the plot to kidnap, kill and castrate JUSTIN BIEBER last November. New Mexico prison inmate Dana Martin hatched the plot and now phone calls he made to a guy on the outside who was supposed to carry out the hit have been released. In the calls they talk about how they would kill the pit bulls, which was a code word for Bieber and his bodyguard, by suffocating them with a scarf and they also mention the purchase of hedge clippers, which would presumably be used for the castration. (Hear here)
CBS has yanked THE JOB after just two episodes. Lisa Ling hosted the series in which contestants battled to land their dream job. No word yet on when or if the remaining six episodes will see the light of day.
- The full lineup for this June's BONNAROO Festival in Manchester, Tennessee has been announced. There's a bazillion names on the list, but the big ones include Paul McCartney, Mumford & Sons, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Wilco, R. Kelly, Wu-Tang Clan, The Lumineers, ZZ Top and "Weird Al" Yankovic. Tickets go on sale this Saturday at noon Eastern at Bonnaroo.com.
- The mother of TUPAC SHAKUR says she wants to make sure that his entire body of work is released. That would apparently include incomplete pieces and even more unfinished ideas that remain in the vaults.
- LADY ANTEBELLUM has announced that their next album will be called Golden and it'll be out on May 7th. The album will include their new song, Downtown.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Talk, News
- Today: Martha Stewart; Jill Martin's essentials
- Kelly & Michael: Johnny Galecki; Chris Wallace performs
- The View: Guest co-host Abby Lee Miller; actor Don Cheadle; a performance from the Abby Lee Dance Company
- The Talk: Benjamin Bratt; The Price Is Right host Drew Carey chef Chris Kimball
- Ellen DeGeneres: Wanda Sykes; model Kate Upton; beauty guru Kym Douglas
The New York Jets released linebackers Bart Scott and Calvin Pace, safety Eric Smith and tackle Jason Smith in a salary cap move.
Two unnamed Wichita, Kansas brothers were celebrating after winning $75,000 in the state lottery. No word on what the brothers plan to do with the remainder of their winnings, but they want to look into purchasing a new home. That's because while they were celebrating their win with marijuana and meth they blew up their house while refueling the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs.
One brother was taken to the hospital wearing his lottery T-shirt, while the other brother was arrested while attempting to flee the remains of the home.
2005: Journalist and author Hunter S. Thompson shot himself to death at age 67.
actor Sidney Poitier (Lilies of the Field, To Sir With Love, Guess Who's Coming To Dinner) 86