Bits and Pieces - February 22, 2013
February 22, 2013
Lindsay Lohan reportedly returned an expensive gown she wore to a charity gala in New York City totally ripped. On the bright side, it's usually Lindsay that returns from these events totally ripped.
Those rumors about KATY PERRY and JOHN MAYER being engaged have pretty much been shot down, but it was more or less confirmed that John did give her a heart-shaped ruby and diamond ring for Valentine's Day. While it wasn't an engagement ring, word is that they are talking about a future together and have even decided they want a really intimate wedding ceremony near to where Katy grew up in Santa Barbara. A source says, "Katy always swore she wouldn't rush into marriage again, but they get on so well and she really thinks he's changed. His friends can't believe how much she has tamed him, and Katy's parents absolutely adore him."
FORMER SPICE GIRL MEL B, aka Scary Spice, will replace Sharon Osbourne on the judging panel of AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. Rumor has it the show may add a fourth judge if the right person comes along.
- It seems appropriate that PEARL JAM'S landmark debut album "Ten" has officially surpassed 10 million in sales. It's only the 22nd album to reach the mark since the new sales tracking data system debuted in 1991.
- FRANK OCEAN says he's about 10 songs into his next album. Ocean told a British radio station, "It's another cohesive thing bordering on a concept album again." No word on when the album is due.
- TAYLOR SWIFT is being sued by the organizers of the Capital Hoedown music festival in Canada. They say Taylor received a $2.5 million advance to headline the event, which was later canceled, but kept the money anyway.
- Jay Leno: Arsenio Hall; model Karolina Kurkova; Tristan Prettyman performs
- David Letterman: Johnny Depp; Bill Carter and the Blame perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kelly Ripa; entrepreneur Elon Musk; The Mowgli's perform
- Conan: Mila Kunis; Chris Hardwick; Family of the Year
- Jimmy Fallon: Stephen Colbert; actor Anthony Anderson; comic James Adomian
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Kunal Nayyar; actress Molly Shannon
- Carson Daly: Actor Mark Webber; ASAD and White Arrows perform
The NHL has suspended Vancouver Canucks forward Jannik Hansen for one game for his hit on Chicago Blackhawks forward Marian Hossa on Tuesday night.
Granbury, Texas' 48-year-old Linda White was kicking it in her backyard, just having some beers with friends when they ran out of cigarettes. Not wanting to drive to the store in their drunken state, Linda thought it would be hilarious to call 911 and have the police deliver cigarettes to her home. Not so amused were the deputies that responded to the call and, instead of bringing cigarettes, arrested Linda for misdemeanor abuse of 911.
1995: American balloonist Steve Fossett became the first person to fly solo across the Pacific
actor Corbin Bleu (High School Musical, Flight 29 Down) 24