Bits and Pieces - February 25, 2013
February 25, 2013
The U.S. Postal Service is introducing a new line of all-weather gear just like postal carriers wear. The clothing will be in stores in 2014. Actually, the clothing would be in stores sooner, but the post office is mailing it to them.
As LINDSAY LOHAN'S money troubles continue she's reportedly been drunk-dialing her exes and just about anyone else who'll take her calls in an effort to score some cash and a job. The National Enquirer says Lindsay has tried to put the touch on Wilmer Valderrama, Samantha Ronson and Jared Leto and even reduced herself to calling frenemies such as Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian and Nicole Richie. A source says, "She leaves long rambling messages that are rarely returned. It's all very sad." Meanwhile, Lindsay won't be getting any money from rapper Pitbull. Lindsay sued him a couple years ago for using the line "I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan" in his song Give Me Everything. However, a judge tossed the suit this week, saying the song is a work of art protected by the First Amendment and Lindsay's claims that she suffered emotional distress were also shot down.
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE will host and be the musical guest on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on March 9th. Not only that, Timberlake will also do a week of appearances on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, beginning Monday, March 11th.
- DAVE GROHL has confirmed that the FOO FIGHTERS will begin work on a new studio album this week. As for when the new album will be out, he told a British interviewer, "Eventually."
- WIZ KHALIFA and fiancée Amber Rose welcomed son Sebastian Taylor Thomaz yesterday. Wiz tweeted: "Happy Birthday!!!" "Everyone welcome this perfect young man into the world."
- Jay Leno: Meredith Vieira; film critic Richard Roeper; Thenewno2 performs
- David Letterman: Luke Wilson; comic Dan Mintz; Imagine Dragons perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: This Week's Clips
- Jimmy Fallon: First lady Michelle Obama; actress Scarlett Johansson; The Avett Brothers perform
- Craig Ferguson: William Shatner; actress Alona Tal
- Carson Daly: Director Guillermo del Toro; Shiny Toy Guns perform
The NFL is proposing to push back the combine to early March, the start of free agency to early April and the draft to early May. All NFL teams would also kick off training camp on the same summer day to launch the season. The league is doing it to keep the sport in the media during the offseason.
After San Bernardino, California's Dave Thomas was recently released from jail over a traffic violation, he went to get his dog, Buzz Lightyear, at the pound only to find he had to pay $400 in fees, which he didn't have. With the dog just days from being put to sleep, a photo of Dave petting Buzz through a cage and letting him lick his face went viral. Maria Sanchez put the photo on Facebook and within days raised more than $2,000 to release Buzz. Unfortunately, the happy ending turned bad when Dave called the media to say Maria wouldn't give him the rest of the money donated to Buzz. However, Maria said she told Dave she'd use the funds to pay off his bills, traffic tickets, or rent, but would not give him cash, so he wouldn't blow it, which she says he agreed to. Now Dave is threatening to sue Maria, leaving her a voicemail that said if she does anything with his money, "That is slander one, embezzlement two...what's the other one? Oh, grand larceny because it's over $1,000."
1931: The Star-Spangled Banner officially became America's national anthem.
actress Jessica Biel (7th Heaven, Ulee's Gold, Valentine's Day) 31