Bits and Pieces - February 26, 2013
February 26, 2013
Aerosmith's Steven Tyler now says he spent about $5 million on cocaine. Or, as Charlie Sheen calls it - a bargain.
It's being reported that KIM KARDASHIAN and KANYE WEST are expecting a girl. US Weekly says they're over the moon and that not only has Kanye always wanted a girl, Kim is ecstatic that she'll soon have a daughter. A source says, "Kim has always dreamed of having a little girl and now she has her wish! Everyone is so excited. Now it's pink, pink, pink!"
From the 'good luck with that' file...SIMON COWELL says he's asked DAVID BOWIE to join the X FACTOR panel. Not surprisingly, Cowell says that so far Bowie has refused to accept a judging role.
- PEARL JAM'S MIKE MCCREADY says the band has seven songs done for their next album and more recording sessions are planned. McCready adds that he thinks they'll finish the album this year.
- There was an uncomfortable encounter between 50 CENT and Fox reporter Erin Andrews yesterday at the Daytona 500. Erin was walking pit road trying to find Danica Patrick, when 50 moved in on camera to give her a kiss. Andrews turned away and Fiddy had to settle for a peck on her cheek. (See here)
- TAYLOR SWIFT feels that turnabout is fair play. Taylor says, "If I'm gonna write songs about my exes they can write songs about me. That's how it works. I'm not gonna complain about it. I'm not gonna sit there and say, 'I'm the only one who can write songs about this relationship.' It's fair game."
- Jay Leno: Russell Crowe; actor Eli Roth; Robert Randolph and The Slide Brothers
- David Letterman: Alec Baldwin; Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Matthew Fox; actress Radha Mitchell; Ryan Bingham performs
- Conan: Zooey Deschanel; Bret McKenzie; JAPANDROIDS
- Jimmy Fallon: Alan Cumming; swimmer Michael Phelps; model Kate Upton; Unknown Mortal Orchestra performs
- Craig Ferguson: Political commentator Keith Olbermann; model Coco Rocha
- Carson Daly: Filmmaker Andrew Jenks; blacksmith Tony Swatton; Titus Andronicus performs
The San Francisco 49ers have reportedly agreed on a trade involving quarterback Alex Smith. The trade can't be finalized until the league year officially begins on March 12th, although it's speculated that the other team involved is either Kansas City or Jacksonville.
Moon Township, Pennsylvania's Ashley L. Trimmer and boyfriend William Ley recently brought toys into their relationship. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as fun as it sounds as the couple got into an argument that resulted in Ashley hurling a Furby at William before grabbing a PlayStation controller and hitting him in the face. Police arrived to find William bleeding from his face with a red mark and swollen bump on his head and they arrested Ashley for assault, battery not included.
1998: Bob Dylan was interrupted by a dancing man with "Soy Bomb" written on his chest while performing at the Grammys
actress Rashida Jones (Boston Public, The Office, Parks and Recreation) 37