Bits and Pieces - February 27, 2013
February 27, 2013
The Senate Intelligence Committee has dropped its investigation into the movie Zero Dark Thirty after saying it inaccurately depicted the hunt for Osama bin Laden. The committee says it now plans to look into Wreck it Ralph.
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but JANET JACKSON has secretly married! Janet tied the knot last year with Qatari billionaire Wissam Al Mana. The couple issued a statement denying rumors of an extravagant wedding and said they were married in a quiet, private, and beautiful ceremony. They added that their wedding gifts to one another were contributions to their favorite children's charities. Janet also secretly married dancer, songwriter and director René Elizondo Jr. in 1991, but they divorced in 2000.
CHARLIE SHEEN is bailing LINDSAY LOHAN out once again as he's gotten her a part on his Anger Management sitcom. Lindsay will guest star as a therapy patient who develops a romantic relationship with Sheen's character. Lindsay's appearance will air in April.
- GREEN DAY will perform their first live show since Billie Joe Armstrong went into rehab at South by Southwest on March 15th. Their postponed tour kicks off March 28th in Rosemont, Illinois.
- ADELE received a congratulatory tweet from RIHANNA after she won the Oscar for Skyfall. However, there was no tweet from Rihanna regarding Seth MacFarlane's joke about Django Unchained, which he described as a story about a man fighting to get back his woman who has been subjected to unthinkable violence - "Or as Chris Brown and Rihanna call it-a date movie."
- AKON is being sued by a concert worker who claims he's been physically disabled since he "negligently or wantonly leapt into the overcrowded mass of concertgoers" and landed on top of him at a music festival in Alabama back in 2009. (See and hear here - at about :50)
- Good Morning America: Michelle Obama; chef Marcus Samuelsson; Dancing with the Stars cast
- CBS This Morning: Pastor T.D. Jakes
- Today: Actress Megan Hilty; Jason Aldean performs; reality-TV star Randy Fenoli
- Kelly & Michael: Scarlett Johansson; actress Megan Hilty
- The View: Guest co-host Brooke Shields; actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson; reality-TV star Kate Gosselin
- The Talk: Actor Joe Manganiello; chef Tim Love
- Ellen DeGeneres: American Idol judge Randy Jackson; actor Cameron Mathison
Tom Brady has agreed to a three-year, $27 million contract extension that'll keep him with the New England Patriots through the 2017 season. It's said to be a relatively modest deal that frees up salary-cap space for the team to bring in more talent for what they hope will be another Super Bowl title.
One thing you may have missed at Sunday night's Academy Awards was when Paperman won the Oscar for Best Animated Short. After director John Kahrs gave his speech, the film's producer, Christina Reed, celebrated by throwing several paper airplanes covered in kisses, much like those featured in the film, from the mezzanine. Security guards celebrated by kicking Reed out of the ceremony. However, after a heated protest, Reed was allowed back to her seat.
1993: A bomb exploded in the garage of New York's World Trade Center
singer Erykah Badu 42