Bits and Pieces - March 5, 2013
March 5, 2013
Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new executive editor of Muscle & Fitness and Flex magazines. Not only that, Arnold was also offered the job of executive editor at Good Housekeepers.
Word has it that NBC is planning to give JAY LENO the boot from the Tonight Show and replace him with JIMMY FALLON. NBC is denying the story, but word has it that they'll make the announcement in May and the change will happen in 2014. They're saying the change is being made because the Tonight Show is losing younger viewers to Jimmy Kimmel. There's also some buzz that Tina Fey could take Fallon's old job.
The CW is bringing back WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? The new version will be hosted by The Talk's Aisha Tyler with Colin Mochrie, Ryan Stiles, and Wayne Brady all returning, albeit without Drew Carey. Look for it this summer.
- The original lineup of STATUS QUO has reunited for the first time in almost 30 years for a series of shows. The group's nine-date reunion tour kicks off Wednesday in Manchester, England.
- If you're looking for a cozy pad in the Hollywood Hills, you might want to talk with KANYE WEST. Kanye is selling the place as he prepares to move into his new Bel Air mansion with Kim Kardashian. Kanye tried to sell the house in 2010 for over $4 million, but has dropped the price on the 3 bedroom, 4 bath home to $3.3 million.
- KELLIE PICKLER'S drummer, Gregg Lohman, is in serious condition after being involved in an accident on Interstate 65 in central Kentucky yesterday. Police report that Lohman suffered head and neck injuries in the four-vehicle wreck. Kelly wrote on her Facebook page that Lohman is 'family' and it would mean the world to her and her band and his family to keep him in your prayers.
- Good Morning America: Actress Marlee Matlin
- CBS This Morning: Author Sandra Day O'Connor
- Today: Chelsea Handler; actor Paul Rudd
- Kelly & Michael: Matthew Fox; actress Zosia Mamet
- The View: Barbara Walters returns; TV host Regis Philbin; actress Holland Taylor
- The Talk: The first cast-off from "Celebrity Apprentice"; author Leeza Gibbons
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actress Ellie Kemper; actor Rico Rodriguez
The Philadelphia 76ers say that Andrew Bynum is considering season-ending arthroscopic surgery on his knees. The team also said that they've yet to decide whether to attempt to sign Bynum once he becomes a free agent after this season.
When the receptionist at an Ambridge, Pennsylvania eye clinic called 19-year-old Travis Clawson to remind him about his appointment, she thought Clawson's voice message said something like, "I can't come to the phone right now, because I'm going to kill all the (expletive) at my school." The panicked receptionist called police, prompting a countywide schools lockdown. Police called Clawson and he informed them he was in the school guidance office, where he was arrested. He was later released after it was discovered his voice message was actually him singing part of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song that goes, "shooting some b-ball outside of the school." Clawson's family is looking at legal options.
2005: Martha Stewart was released from prison.
reality TV's Bobbi Kristina Brown 20