Bits and Pieces - March 6, 2013
March 6, 2013
Over 100 cardinals have gathered at the Vatican to begin the process of choosing a new pope. Among the cardinals being considered are ones from Latin America, Africa and Ozzie Smith.
LINDSAY LOHAN'S attorney continues to try and hash out a plea deal in her lying to cops case that won't require her to go to rehab. Lindsay continues to insist that she doesn't have a problem with drugs or alcohol, but would apparently be agreeable to undergoing counseling and community service. If the case does go to trial, Lindsay's former assistant, Gavin Doyle, will reportedly testify that he was the passenger in the vehicle when she got into a car accident last summer and that Lindsay was driving. Meanwhile, Lindsay is blowing off CHARLIE SHEEN'S efforts to help her. Charlie has offered to mentor Lindsay, but her reps told TMZ that while she's grateful for everything Sheen has done for her, she would never take him up on his offer. In fact, other sources say Lindsay wishes Charlie would just shut up about her. No word on whether Lindsay ever thanked Charlie for the $100,000 he gave her to pay off her tax debt in November.
You'll soon have another Kardashian to keep up with as BRODY JENNER is joining the cast of "KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS" starting with season eight in June.
- ALICE IN CHAINS' new album, The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, comes out this May and Jerry Cantrell says it's completely different from anything they've ever done. Alice will also be doing some upcoming dates with Soundgarden.
- DRAKE is a little lighter in the wallet after he stopped by a Charlotte strip joint called Cameo Nightclub, opened a cardboard box filled with bricks of cash, and made it rain to the tune of $50,000! TMZ says that by the time Drake was done there was so much cash it literally carpeted the floor. They also say Meek Mill was there and they've patched things up since that New York nightclub brawl.
- Starting today you can bid on ZAC BROWN'S Ram truck. Dodge gave trucks to various artists so they could auction them off for their favorite charity. In Zac's case that's Camp Southern Ground for children with developmental disorders. You can check it out at eBay.com/roadtoramjam.
- Jay Leno: Jennifer Lawrence; Phil and Willie Robertson; Andy Grammer
- David Letterman: Kim and Kourtney Kardashian; Buddy Guy performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Zach Braff; actress Lauren Cohan; Foo Fighters perform with Rick Springfield, John Fogerty, Rick Nielsen and Krist Novoselic
- Conan: Colin Farrell; Jenna Elfman; Frightened Rabbit performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Channing Tatum; actress Megan Hilty; author Tim Ferriss; Graham Parker performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Larry King; actress Abbie Cornish
For the first time in school history, Gonzaga is ranked No. 1 in The Associated Press Top 25 poll. Indiana followed in second with Duke, Kansas and Georgetown rounding out the top five.
When Cypress Lake High School student Quadryle Davis threatened a classmate with a loaded .22 caliber revolver during a bus ride home, three other students took action by jumping the gunman and wrestling the pistol away. Authorities in Fort Myers, Florida confirmed that the gun was loaded and Davis was "pointing the gun directly" at the other student and "threatening to shoot him." Davis was arrested and, for their heroics, the school slapped the three students with an "emergency suspension" for being involved in an "incident" with a weapon.
2004: Martha Stewart was found guilty on all four counts in her stock dumping trial.
actress Eva Mendes (Hitch, Ghost Rider, The Other Guys) 39