Bits and Pieces - March 7, 2013
March 7, 2013
The stock market closed at a record high yesterday. They say Wall Street is now higher than Miley Cyrus at a Snoop Dogg concert.
JUSTIN BIEBER apologized to fans for being late for his London show the other night. However, Justin says he was only 40 minutes late and not two hours as was reported and blamed it on technical issues. He also blamed the media for exaggerating his tardiness. Meanwhile, Bieber's fans have been known to send death threats to anyone who says something negative about their idol. However, British teenager Courtney Barrasford has received death threats after Justin re-tweeted her message that said: "Not really a fan of Justin Bieber but his acoustic album is actually good." One fan tweeted: "I am a Belieber of him since 2009 and he didn't notice me. And you're not even a ******* fan. You get noticed. OMG." Another wrote to Bieber: "U notice her n she's not even a fan. I am but you won't notice me. Can anyone hear me crying?"
MEL B didn't get off to a very good star on AMERICA'S GOT TALENT. On their first day of auditions in New Orleans, Mel was "loudly booed" after telling popular local brass band Lagniappe that she wasn't a fan of brass or jazz music, which the city is known for.
- LINKIN PARK has designed a bracelet being sold through its non-profit charity organization Music For Relief. All proceeds will go to Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts and the nation of Haiti. You can check it out and order yours for $15 at MusicForRelief.org.
- RIHANNA released a new YouTube video of rehearsals for her upcoming Diamonds World Tour. In the clip, her choreographer describes the routine as giving fans the feeling of "stripper slash hood," although Rihanna doesn't seem to be getting into it. (See and hear here)
- CRAIG MORGAN will head out on his tenth overseas tour to entertain U.S. troops. Morgan will head to Southwest Asia this spring.
- Good Morning America: James Franco; Rachael Ray; ZZ Ward performs
- CBS This Morning: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice; journalist Lesley Stahl; author Jonah Berger
- Today: Martha Stewart; volleyball player Kerri Walsh Jennings; culinary expert Gail Simmons; rapper Lil Jon
- Kelly & Michael: James Franco; Jennifer Love Hewitt; coach Tom Coughlin
- The View: Lea Michele; supermarket guru Phil Lempert
- The Talk: Guest co-host Cameron Mathison; actor Kunal Nayyar
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jessica Simpson; NASCAR driver Jimmie Johnson; 4-year-old Kai Langer
Buffalo Bills linebacker Shawne Merriman announced on his website yesterday that he intends to file retirement papers. Merriman was a three-time Pro Bowl selection and 2005 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year.
For those who slapped their forehead after hearing Baltimore second-grader Josh Welch was suspended from Park Elementary School after he allegedly fashioned his breakfast pastry into the shape of a gun and said, 'bang, bang,' get set to repeat using both hands. The school has announced that it would make counselors available for any students troubled by the incident.
1836: The Alamo fell to Mexican forces after a 13-day siege
actor/director Rob Reiner (All In the Family, This is Spinal Tap) 68