Bits and Pieces - March 11, 2013
March 11, 2013
North Korea has threatened the U.S. with a nuclear strike. North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is upset with the U.S. for imposing sanctions on the country and for imposing Dennis Rodman on the country.
JUSTIN BIEBER reportedly got chewed out by his record label bosses over his recent antics. Aside from being late to a concert in London this week, he had a run in with security at London's Cirque du Soir for bringing 14-year-old Jaden Smith inside the club for his birthday party. British tabloid The Mirror claims that after an emergency meeting, Justin's people had him on Skype with his record company honchos and he was given a serious talking-to. It was suggested he cut back on the partying, start staying in more and basically clean up his act.
CBS has announced that they're going to keep their new cop drama Golden Boy in the Tuesdays at 10 pm time slot and move Vegas to Fridays. It could be bad news for Vegas fans as Friday nights are generally considered the black hole of TV programming where shows are sent to die.
- The RINGO STARR exhibit Peace & Love will open June 12th at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles. The exhibit will include Ringo's drum kits, Sgt. Pepper uniform, personal letters and an interactive drum lesson from Ringo! Get the details at GrammyMuseum.org.
- PRINCE has apologized to the Roots' Captain Kirk Douglas after trashing his guitar on Jimmy Fallon's show last week. Prince is also picking up the tab for the repair bill.
- The video for DARIUS RUCKER'S "Wagon Wheel" should be a hoot as he enlisted the help of the Duck Dynasty gang. They began filming this week in Nashville. Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum, who sings background vocals alongside bandmates Dave Haywood and Hillary Scott, also appears in the clip.
- Good Morning America: Actress Rachel Weisz; Dr. Marty Becker
- CBS This Morning: Author Joe Peta
- Today: Nicole Richie; actors Emma Stone and Ryan Reynolds; author Emily Rapp; TV host Maria Menounos; chef Joel Gamoran
- Kelly & Michael: Nicole Richie ("Fashion Star"); actor Jesse Metcalfe
- The View: Guest co-host Kevin Sorbo; actors David Hyde Pierce and Sigourney Weaver
- The Talk: Guest co-host Billy Gardell; Jack Osbourne; chef Ludo Lefebvre
- Ellen DeGeneres: Steve Carell; actress Emily VanCamp
The St. Louis Cardinals say shortstop Rafael Furcal will undergo Tommy John surgery and will likely be out for the season.
Lakewood, Colorado's Brianna Priddy reported her wallet stolen on February 13th. While police couldn't bring the crooks in, Applebee's did. Brianna waited on a party of four that ordered drinks. When she asked to see I.D., one person handed Brianna her own stolen driver's license. Brianna handed it back and said she'd return with her margarita. Instead, she called police and returned with a cop. Police spokesman Steve Davis referred to the woman as a 'dumb criminal,' perhaps because she had illegal drugs on her at the time of her arrest or the fact that she was 26 and could've legally purchased alcohol with her own ID.
2008: Paul McCartney's divorce from Heather Mills was settled for $48.6 million.
actress Brittany Daniel (Joe Dirt, White Chicks, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia) 37