Bits and Pieces - March 12, 2013
March 12, 2013
Rumor has it that George Clooney and his girlfriend may be breaking up. The good news for Clooney is that he has a can't-miss, never fails pick up line. It's "Hi, I'm George Clooney."
We're getting the dirt on that maybe hook up between LIAM HEMSWORTH and JANUARY JONES at a pre-Oscar party. Another guest that was there says, "They went to a private house party, and right in the middle of the party, January was clinging to Liam, saying, 'You're so handsome. He kept saying, 'We can't do this here.' Then they left holding hands and went out in the hallway and were making out. She was wasted. It wasn't good." As for Miley Cyrus, at last report she was still minus her engagement ring.
JIM CARREY is back on board for the new DUMB & DUMBER movie. However, there's still no start date for the sequel.
- It's reported that THE ROLLING STONES are planning an 18-city tour of North America this year. May 2nd is said to be the kick off date, but nothing is official.
- AZEALIA BANKS had a hissy fit while performing at Australia's Future Music Festival on Friday. She accused THE STONE ROSES, who were also on the bill, of intentionally sabotaging her set at the request of her former manager. Banks tweeted: "My ex tour manager made a pact with the stone roses saying they'd sabotage my set because I fired him...And they decided to check their equipment behind me during my set. F**k those old saggy white n***as stone roses. I wish them nothing but excrement and death."
- TAYLOR SWIFT kicks off her worldwide tour on Wednesday in Omaha, but she arrived a little early to visit a young cancer patient in the city. An online campaign was launched on behalf of 10-year-old cancer patient Lauren Hacker and word got back to Taylor, who paid her a visit.
- Jay Leno: Halle Berry; TV host Rachel Maddow; Ashley Monroe performs
- David Letterman: New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg; Depeche Mode performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mark Wahlberg; actress Jennifer Lopez; Science Bob Pflugfelder
- Conan: Snoop Lion; Rorke Denver
- Jimmy Fallon: Timothy Olyphant; the latest "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" castoff; Justin Timberlake performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor George Hamilton
- Carson Daly: Chef Ludo Lefebvre; photographer Ian Ruhter; Superhumanoids
The New York Giants have reportedly agreed to a three-year contract with veteran defensive lineman Cullen Jenkins worth $8 million. The signing comes less than two weeks after Jenkins was cut by the Eagles.
Back in 2011, New Jersey Judge Frank T. Carpenter found two men not guilty of assaulting Dennis Sabol. Despite having been warned several times about outbursts in court, Sabol became so incensed with the judge's ruling he screamed at the top of his lungs, 'F you!' A few weeks later, several rocks with misspelled threatening messages smashed through Judge Carpenter's office windows. While Carpenter was stumped, his bailiff suggested it was Sabol. Sure enough, the handwriting on the rocks matched and the bailiff told the judge, "You are never going to guess who is at the violations window paying a ticket." Yes it was, and Sabol got another unfavorable ruling in court and is slated to be sentenced next month.
1302: Romeo and Juliet were married on this day, according to William Shakespeare.
actress Thora Birch (American Beauty, Dungeons And Dragons, Ghost World) 31