Bits and Pieces - March 14, 2013
March 14, 2013
A group of hackers managed to get into the financial records of a number of celebrities including Mel Gibson. Mel was said to be enraged, irate and shouting obscenities. Then someone told him his financial information had been hacked.
A California lawyer may finally be joining LINDSAY LOHAN'S legal team. After a judge ripped Lindsay's New York lawyer, Lindsay's dad, Michael Lohan, sent in L.A.-area attorney David Wohl to help out. Lindsay's trial is due to start next week and the only hitch in the plan is that Wohl will have to be approved by Lindsay. We know how she feels about her dad and it remains to be seen if Lindsay will veto Wohl just because of her father's involvement. In any case TMZ says he's already been helping Lindsay's current lawyer, Mark Heller.
MELISSA MCCARTHY will host the April 6th installment of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE alongside musical guest Phoenix. VINCE VAUGHN will host on April 13th with musical guest Miguel.
- ARCTIC MONKEYS drummer Matt Helders says the band will release a new album this year. This will be their first album since 2011's Suck It and See.
- Someone leaked a nude cell phone photo of LIL ROMEO. The full-frontal shot is a self-portrait photo taken with his iPhone and if it hasn't been Photoshopped he may need to change his name to Big Romeo! (See NSFW photo here)
- THE PISTOL ANNIES' next album, called Annie Up, will be out May 7th. It'll include their new song "Hush, Hush." The Annies' Ashley Monroe also released her solo album, Like a Rose, last week.
- Jay Leno: Jerry Seinfeld; entrepreneur Mark Cuban; Jose James performs
- David Letterman: Jim Carrey; Richard Thompson performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Lawrence; TV host Katie Couric; Tegan and Sara
- Conan: Halle Berry; Ben Hoffman; Aimee Mann
- Jimmy Fallon: Steve Carell; actress Abigail Breslin; Justin Timberlake performs
- Craig Ferguson: Olivia Wilde; actor Windell Middlebrooks
- Carson Daly: Reality-TV star Todd Ray; Kamikaze Kitchen; Niki & The Dove
Tony Gonzalez has informed the Atlanta Falcons that he'll return to play this season. It was presumed Gonzalez would retire following comments he made after Atlanta's NFC Championship Game loss, but after discussing it with his family he decided to return for one more shot.
An unnamed 9-year-old boy in Detroit is in trouble after bringing cupcakes to Schall Elementary School for his birthday. It seems that both the boy and his parents were reprimanded because the cupcakes were decorated with little green Army men. Principal Susan Wright says that no disrespect was intended towards either the family or the military, but she did assert that "Our commitment is always to our children and creating a safe place for them to learn, grown and have respectful dialogues about their differences."
1991: Exxon agreed to pay $1-billion in damages for the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill
singer Neil Sedaka 74