Bits and Pieces - March 19, 2013
March 19, 2013
The National Enquirer says that there may be a sex tape out there starring Kris Jenner and her late husband Robert Kardashian. Although it's not as creepy as it sounds because they say he was still alive at the time.
Some parents at the private school CHARLIE SHEEN'S daughter used to attend want him prosecuted for the threats he made on Twitter urging his followers to vandalize the campus with dog feces, rotten eggs, and toilet paper. The parents feel Charlie's threats were credible given his violent past, including claims he threatened to shoot someone, held a knife to his ex-wife's throat, shot Kelly Preston, and trapped a hooker in his hotel room. Charlie issued the threats after his daughter was allegedly bullied at the school last year.
With JEOPARDY host ALEX TREBEK mulling his retirement, word has it that Today show anchor MATT LAUER is the current front runner to replace him should he follow through and hang it up. Other names being mentioned are Anderson Cooper, NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams and NBC sports anchor Dan Patrick.
- THE STROKES' next album, Comedown Machine, will be out next week. They have no plans to tour, but did release a new video for "All the Time," which uses archival footage from their career.
- Rapper TONE LOC collapsed on stage during a performance in Des Moines over the weekend. Reports say people attended to him for about five minutes and fans were then asked to leave and the show ended.
- CHELY WRIGHT'S twins will be arriving early. Chely had revealed in January that she and wife Lauren Blitzer will become parents to twin boys in July, but now they'll be born ahead of schedule, in June.
- Jay Leno: Morgan Freeman; Olympic wrestlers Rulon Gardner and Henry Cejudo; The James Hunter Six performs
- David Letterman: Selena Gomez; comic Bob Sarlatte; Killer Mike performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Love Hewitt; actor Steven Yeun
- Conan: Javier Bardem; Lauren Cohan; Brandi Carlile
- Jimmy Fallon: Nicolas Cage; actor Mike Birbiglia; the latest "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" castoff; Kip Moore performs
- Craig Ferguson: Seth Green; actress Jenna-Louise Coleman
- Carson Daly: Actor Jai Courtney; filmmaker Brett Novak and skateboarder Kilian Martin; Delta Rae performs
The New York Yankees say first baseman Mark Teixeira's injury isn't a wrist strain as originally thought, but a partially torn tendon sheath. The injury will keep him out of the lineup until at least May and could require season-ending surgery.
Staten Island's Candice A. Salvatore called 911 to report an abandoned baby. Police rushed to the scene only to find that the abandoned baby in question was a starving pit bull puppy as Candice told them she needed to "spice it up to get you guys to come faster." Police quickly charged Candice with two misdemeanors and she later said, "I wasn't thinking that they would think it was an actual infant. I didn't tell her it was a human baby. I just said it was a baby."
2009: Actress Natasha Richardson died from brain injuries, several days after falling on a Canadian ski slope.
actress Lily Collins (The Blind Side, Stuck In Love, The English Teacher) 24