Bits and Pieces - March 22, 2013
March 22, 2013
Colombian supermodel Natalia Paris says that eating chicken makes children gay. That's certainly going to create a problem for the people at Chik-Fil-A.
LINDSAY LOHAN may not have dodged jail after all. Lindsay's plea deal includes 90 days in locked-down rehab in lieu of jail time. However, Lindsay wants to do the rehab in New York and no clinics there offer that option. If Lindsay can't find a facility that will keep her under lock and key for 90 days, she'll have to do her time behind bars. Meanwhile, it looks like we finally know why Lindsay dropped lawyer Shawn Holley for New York attorney Mark Heller. It turns out that Lindsay has long been friends and business associates with Mark Heller's son Michael, who's a club promoter turned entrepreneur that stages celebrity photo ops and brand-related party appearances and has been booking Lindsay for some time.
It's reported that THE TONIGHT SHOW will move back to New York with JIMMY FALLON taking over by the fall of 2014 at the latest. It would be the first time the show originated from New York since 1972, when Johnny Carson moved it to California. Of course, NBC won't officially confirm anything.
- KINGS OF LEON will release a boxed set in May. It'll include their five studio albums, along with their Live at The O2 London DVD release.
- Rapper TOO SHORT was arrested early yesterday morning in Los Angeles on suspicion of narcotics possession and DUI. Short was pulled over for a traffic violation, but when officers attempted to administer a breathalyzer test he tried to run away before he was arrested. Police say he then tried to dump drugs in the back of the patrol car.
- GEORGE STRAIT and GARTH BROOKS will perform together for the first time in a tribute to the late Dick Clark at next month's Academy of Country Music Awards. Brooks and Strait are the last two recipients of the ACM Artist of the Decade Award, which has been renamed the ACM Dick Clark Artist of the Decade Award. The show airs on April 7th.
- Jay Leno: Dwayne Johnson; basketball player Chris Paul; Atlas Genius performs
- David Letterman: Tina Fey; actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson; Solange performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Ellen Pompeo; reality-TV star Sean Lowe; Lianne La Havas
- Conan: Amy Poehler; Kevin Pollak; Ke$ha
- Jimmy Fallon: Drew Barrymore; actress Thandie Newton; Brandi Carlile performs; Leo Nocentelli performs with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Tom Hanks; producer Quentin Tarantino
- Carson Daly: Rapper Angel Haze; rapper Sirah; Big Black Delta and Grape St.
It's being reported that the Syracuse University men's basketball program has been under NCAA investigation for a period of "years." CBS Sports says the school has received a letter of preliminary inquiry from the NCAA and described the violations as both major and wide-ranging.
Pope Francis is already becoming known for his informal style. One of the last people to get the memo was the Vatican receptionist. Wanting to speak to a colleague, Francis did what apparently no other pope has done and directly called the receptionist and asked him to place the call. Not believing that it was actually Francis on the line, the receptionist replied: "Oh, yes? And I'm Napoleon."
1790: Thomas Jefferson took office as America's first secretary of state
actor Timothy Dalton (James Bond, The Beautician and the Beast, The Reef) 67