Bits and Pieces - March 25, 2013
March 25, 2013
A book written by Pope Francis is coming out in May. I think it's going to be called 50 Shades of Grace.
While NBC still won't make any official comment, it's looking pretty certain that JAY LENO is out and JIMMY FALLON is in at the Tonight Show and that Fallon even called Leno to try and smooth over. They say Fallon is uncomfortable with all the media fuss with a source saying, "He was told it would be seamless and [NBC] would take care of it. He didn't expect this." Insiders are saying that work has already begun on a new studio for Fallon's Tonight Show in New York and the switch will happen sometime next year. Word is that some network brass wants it to happen to coincide with NBC's Olympics coverage in February, while others want to let Leno ride out his contract until September. That may be the more likely scenario as Leno has a clause in his contract that NBC would have to pay him a big penalty if they dump him early.
BOB NEWHART will guest-star on THE BIG BANG THEORY as Professor Proton, the former host of Sheldon's favorite science show while he was growing up. Look for the episode to air on May 2nd.
- FALL OUT BOY has announced that COURTNEY LOVE will be featured on their upcoming "Save Rock And Roll" album, which is due April 16th. The band tweeted a video announcing "It's Courtney, bitch" (See here). Pete Wentz also confirmed that ELTON JOHN is on the album.
- Here's why FLO RIDA'S job is better than yours...He was performing at a corporate convention for Samsung with Kate Upton dancing along on stage. When Flo got to the line, "She turned around and gave that big booty a smack," she did and he did. (See and hear here)
- KACEY MUSGRAVES is featured in the March 2013 issue of "Southern Living" magazine. Kacey talked about her favorite tracks off her "Same Trailer, Different Park" album as well as fashion and more.
- Jay Leno: Don Cheadle; singer Wynonna Judd; Wiz Khalifa and Akon perform
- David Letterman: David Spade; dog trainer Kenny Licklider; Aaron Neville
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jessica Simpson; actor Jim Jefferies; Luke Bryan performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Kevin Bacon; actress Elizabeth Mitchell; radio producer Gary Dell'Abate; Sigur Ros performs
- Craig Ferguson: Bradley Cooper; chef Wolfgang Puck
- Carson Daly: Rapper Joey Bada$$; acoustic duo Wild Child; Maximum Hedrum and Coup perform
The Los Angeles Dodgers say Hanley Ramirez needs surgery on his right thumb and will be sidelined up to two months. Ramirez suffered the injury playing for the Dominican Republic at the World Baseball Classic.
Covington, Kentucky is a bit safer thanks to the arrest of Austin Whaley. No, the 18-year-old is not a thief, drug dealer or even a murderer. Austin was arrested for second-degree disorderly conduct after what the media called his out-of-control bingo rampage. Austin apparently amused himself by running into crowded bingo halls and shouting "BINGO!" to the dismay of local bingo aficionados. Police say this caused the hall to quit operating since they thought someone had won and delayed the game by several minutes, causing alarm to patrons. Austin was ordered not to utter the word "bingo" for six months and, if he manages to abstain, his criminal record will be expunged.
1889: The Eiffel Tower opened in Paris
actress Jessica Szohr (Gossip Girl, Tower Heist, Piranha) 28