Bits and Pieces - March 26, 2013
March 26, 2013
Pope Francis met with former Pope Benedict over the weekend. The two pontiffs reportedly discussed management of the Vatican, the future of the church and their NCAA tournament brackets.
A little court ordered rehab won't stop LINDSAY LOHAN from partying! Lindsay was seen drinking vodka sodas at the bar of her hotel in Beverly Hills hours after her court hearing last Monday. Lindsay was also spotted in a San Diego nightclub ordering vodka on the rocks, although she requested that they be served from a glass carafe to avoid having alcohol bottles on her table and she then continued her partying over the weekend at a club in Santa Monica with a few friends and rumored new boyfriend, Avi Snow of the indie band City of the Sun. No word on when or where Lindsay will check into rehab, but she's said to be cheesed because she'll be spending her July 2nd birthday under lock and key. In a rare bit of good news for Lindsay, she's legally off the hook for her New York City bar fight as the Manhattan D.A.'s office decided against pressing charges.
The latest on the late night TV wars has SETH MEYERS taking over Late Night when JIMMY FALLON replaces JAY LENO at The Tonight Show. There's also some buzz about Leno doing a late night show at Fox, although the network says it has no such plans.
- QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE have announced their new album is set for a June release. The unconfirmed title is "... Like Clockwork" and guests on the disc include Trent Reznor, Scissor Sisters frontman Jake Shears and Dave Grohl.
- WALE has announced that his new album will be called "The Gifted" and it'll be released June 25th. Wale says, "It's gonna have one sound. It's very, very soulful."
- RASCAL FLATTS will be joined by THE BAND PERRY and The Voice winner CASSADEE POPE for their Live & Loud tour starting May 31st in Jones Beach, New York. The Band Perry will release their next album, Pioneer, on April 2nd.
- Good Morning America: Reality-TV star Caroline Manzo; author Stephenie Meyer
- CBS This Morning: This Morning: Sports analyst Magic Johnson
- Today: Singer Usher; actor Billy Burke; illusionist David Copperfield
- Kelly & Michael: Singer Usher; the latest castoff from "American Idol" performs; co-host Kristin Chenoweth
- The View: Guest co-host Patti Stanger; reality-TV star Brad Goreski; reality-TV stars Cynthia Richards and Molly Hopkins; TV personality Carter Oosterhouse
- The Talk: Arsenio Hall; guest co-host Carnie Wilson; sports analyst Magic Johnson; stars of The Young and the Restless
- Ellen DeGeneres: Ray Romano; dancer Stephen "tWitch" Boss; Cirque du Soleil's Kiriki
UCLA has fired basketball coach Ben Howland after 10 seasons with the program. Howland's final game with the team was Friday night when UCLA lost to Minnesota in the NCAA tournament.
Tired of a mother freaking snake on her mother freaking lawn, an unnamed Bowie County, Texas, woman took matters into her own hands. The woman threw gasoline on the reptile and lit it on fire. The blazing snake then skedaddled into a brush pile, setting it on fire. In turn, the brush pile then set the woman's home on fire. No word on the fate of our reptilian friend, but the woman's home was a complete loss and a neighboring home was also damaged.
1901: The first Mercedes was introduced
singer/actress Katherine McPhee (Smash, The House Bunny) 29