Bits and Pieces - March 27, 2013
March 27, 2013
Microsoft founder Bill Gates is offering a $100,000 reward to anyone who can develop a more pleasurable condom. Gates is also offering women another $100,000 to help him test it.
Word has it that LINDSAY LOHAN told her attorney, Mark Heller, that she wouldn't accept any plea deal that would force her to go to rehab before next month's Coachella music festival. Lindsay is desperate to attend the event and as it turns out she may not have to worry about going to rehab at all. That's because there are no rehab facilities anywhere in the U.S. that lock down their patients. Dr. Drew Pinsky tells TMZ, "There is no rehab that will hold you against your will, unless they feel the person is a suicide risk, and in that case they can hold the individual for 72 hours." Lindsay was ordered locked up for 90 days whether it's jail or rehab. If there is no such rehab facility, it would mean jail time for Lindsay. Meanwhile, Lindsay actually showed up an hour early to tape her episode of Anger Management yesterday. Lindsay also took time to go on Facebook and deny reports that she'd been out partying.
The series finale of BREAKING BAD might be ruined for everyone. A script for one of the final episodes of the show was stolen from BRYAN CRANSTON'S vehicle in Albuquerque earlier this month. A suspect was arrested, but the script hasn't been recovered and the investigation continues.
- GERARD WAY now says he knew MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE was over during their show in New Jersey last May. Way says that a voice whispered to him and said to him briefly, plainly, and kindly what it had to say. However, he says what the voice said is between him and the voice.
- LIL WAYNE has revealed details for his America's Most Wanted Music Festival with T.I. The two-month tour kicks off at Birmingham's Oak Mountain Amphitheater in Alabama on July 7th.
- LUKE BRYAN taped his appearance at Panama City, Florida a couple weeks ago for his annual Spring Break shows and they're now on his LBTV site on YouTube. (See and hear here)
- Jay Leno: Keith Urban; chef Paula Deen; Django Django performs
- David Letterman: Journalist Brian Williams; National Grocery Bagging champion Andrew Borracchini; Pegi Young & the Survivors perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actor Jeremy Piven
- Conan: Vanessa Hudgens; Jerry Trainor; Emily Heller
- Jimmy Fallon: Ice-T; TV host Chris Hardwick; Little Green Cars perform
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Sarah Chalke; author Lawrence Block
- Carson Daly: Actress Kate Mara; TV host Ben Hoffman; A Silent Film performs
The Tampa Bay Lightning have promoted Jon Cooper from Syracuse of the AHL to be their new coach, replacing Guy Boucher, who was fired on Sunday.
Fans were recently treated to a blast at the Fish Hawk Ranch baseball fields in Lithia, Florida. Unfortunately, it wasn't a blast of the home run variety, but a blast of the explosion variety. Formaggio's Pizza was just opening for business when an employee attempted to ignite the pilot light and instead ignited the whole pizza stand. Perhaps contributing to the explosion was the placement of the pizza oven between two external propane tanks.
1964: The musical Funny Girl, starring Barbra Streisand, opened on Broadway.
actor Leonard Nimoy (Star Trek, Mission Impossible, Catlow) 82