Bits and Pieces - March 28, 2013
March 28, 2013
Pope Francis stunned the owners of a Buenos Aires newsstand by personally phoning them to cancel his newspaper subscription. Not only that, the pope personally called to close out his bar tab at Hooters.
One of JUSTIN BIEBER'S Southern California neighbors is accusing him of battery and making threats during an argument yesterday morning. TMZ says Bieber had a Ferrari delivered to his home and was racing it up and down the streets. The irate neighbor was steamed about the noise and felt it was dangerous and a screaming match ensued. Justin had just returned from Poland where he was seen going through airport security shirtless despite it being just 14 degrees outside. A spokesperson for the airport said, "He wasn't told to take off his clothes. He had no metal objects on him. He's quite skinny so I assume he was probably freezing." Justin's pants were also sagging down his butt. (See here)
THE PRICE IS RIGHT and LET'S MAKE A DEAL are planning special April Fool's Day prank-themed shows. On The Price Is Right, Drew Carey and announcer George Gray will swap places with the show's models, while Let's Make a Deal will have a Zonk Redemption Show, where people who got burned will return for a second chance.
- CAROLE KING, JOHN FOGERTY and USHER have been added to the list of performers for this year's 28th annual ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME induction ceremony. The ceremony takes place April 18th in Los Angeles and will air in May on HBO.
- JAY-Z has reportedly hired a professional cigar roller for his upcoming tour with JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE and plans to create a "gentlemen's club" backstage at all of the venues. He can certainly afford it as ticket sales for the tour are already outpacing those of his Watch the Throne tour with Kanye West.
- American Idol season nine runner-up CRYSTAL BOWERSOX will play PATSY CLINE in a new Broadway production of the musical Patsy Cline...Always. Previews will begin in July with an August opening.
- Jay Leno: Kristin Chenoweth; magician Justin Willman; Josh Groban performs
- David Letterman: Donald Trump; comic Gary Gulman; Wavves perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Bruce Willis; Kareem Abdul-Jabbar; Divine Fits perform
- Conan: Seth Green; Charles Phoenix
- Jimmy Fallon: Kathie Lee Gifford; actor James Purefoy; Dido performs
- Craig Ferguson: Don Rickles; actress Radha Mitchell
- Carson Daly: Comic Andy Dick; Faye; The Men perform
NASCAR says no penalties will be issued in relation to Sunday's Auto Club 400 in California. That includes a post-race skirmish involving Tony Stewart and Joey Logano and Logano's last lap crash with Denny Hamlin.
Niceville, Florida's 28-year-old Michela Ann Jensen and her family were having a birthday cookout at her father's house. A good time was being had by all until someone brought up the time that Jensen's father got rid of her dog while she was in jail. Jensen then became angry and attempted to attack her grandmother with a shoe. Jensen's father intervened and the two ended up on the ground with each telling police that the other had hit them. Grandma backed up dad's story and Jensen was charged with second offense assault and battery.
2007: NFL owners voted to make instant replay a permanent officiating tool
director Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Reservoir Dogs) 50