Bits and Pieces - March 29, 2013
March 29, 2013
Mad Men star Jon Hamm says he's tired of people talking about how big a certain part of his anatomy is. Hamm could be the first guy ever who didn't want tongues wagging over it.
Charlie Sheen may be regretting his invitation to LINDSAY LOHAN to guest star on Anger Management. While Lindsay was on her best behavior on Monday, even showing up early for her first day of filming, things apparently went downhill from there. On Tuesday, Lindsay showed up on time, but did nothing but hold up the production while she sat in her trailer and stalled until she left for her new musician boyfriend's concert. A source says she did a great job while she was on camera but added, "She was a colossal pain in the ass" and at one point they were "so pissed they almost called police to escort her" off the set.
Dancing with the Stars fans that are missing MAKSIM CHMERKOVSKIY can check out "General Hospital." He'll be taping an appearance this week, but an air date has yet to be announced.
- As was rumored, THE ROLLING STONES will be playing this summer's Glastonbury Festival in Britain. Also on the bill will be MUMFORD & SONS, THE LUMINEERS, THE SMASHING PUMPKINS and more.
- GUCCI MANE was arrested on an assault charge after a fan claimed the rapper smashed a champagne bottle on his head in a downtown Atlanta nightclub last week as he was trying to get a photo with him. Gucci was charged with aggravated assault with a weapon.
- LUKE BRYAN is giving fans the chance to be a part of his music video for "Just a Sip," from his new album, "Spring Break...Here to Party." Go to JustASipVideo.com and recreate a frame from the music video by using your webcam and the image will then be added to the music video.
- Jay Leno: Kim Kardashian; TV personality Willie Geist; Imagine Dragons
- David Letterman: Sylvester Stallone; former Vice President Al Gore
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dwayne Johnson; actress Saoirse Ronan; Kendrick Lamar
- Conan: Ricky Gervais; Deepak Chopra; Imagine Dragons
- Jimmy Fallon: Tyler Perry; actor Nick Offerman; interior designer Thom Filicia; Blake Shelton performs
- Craig Ferguson: Betty White; actress Morena Baccarin; ventriloquist Terry Fator
- Carson Daly: David Duchovny; director Derek Cianfrance; Gold Fields perform
Duke assistant coach Chris Collins is said to be close to a deal to become the new head coach at Northwestern. However, an introductory news conference won't be held until after Duke is done playing this season.
In Boca Grande, Florida, longtime Gulf to Bay Realty office manager Ruth C. Amen decided to throw her boss a surprise birthday party. However, when the boss decided to check the books and see how much the little wingding cost the company, he discovered that Ruth had also used nearly $92,000 of the company's money to pay personal credit card debt, issued herself extra paychecks totaling $65,000 and failed to deduct the cost of insurance from her paychecks. The party is over for Ruth as she was charged with felony grand theft and scheme to defraud.
1797: Nathaniel Briggs of New Hampshire patented the washing machine
actor Ken Howard (Crossing Jordan, The White Shadow) 69