Bits and Pieces - April 1, 2013
April 1, 2013
North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has put rockets on standby to attack U.S. military bases. There's another bonehead move by Dennis Rodman.
Did LINDSAY LOHAN steal more jewelry? Word from the set of Anger Management is that some of the bracelets she wore during filming disappeared with her. It's still not certain whether she was expected to return the jewelry or if, as usual, she thought it was a gift from the studio. Lindsay is now in Brazil promoting some clothing line and she was seen at the airport there wearing some bracelets; although it wasn't clear if they were the same ones from the TV show.
It's being reported that BARBARA WALTERS is planning to retire in May 2014. They say a series of tributes and specials will air during the run-up to her exit, although she's not expected to make an official announcement anytime soon.
- This is pretty strange...Van Halen frontman DAVID LEE ROTH says that back in the day he once insured his manhood with Lloyd's of London!
- LIL WAYNE has revealed that he's epileptic and is prone to seizures. He says his recent medical emergencies weren't his first seizures, but that we just never heard about the other ones.
- Look for TAYLOR SWIFT on the season finale of New Girl. She'll be playing a character named Elaine, who is an "important guest" at the wedding of Cece and Shivrang. The episode will air on May 14th.
- Good Morning America: Lifestyle expert Alison Deyette; reality-TV's Sean Lowe
- CBS This Morning: Big Machine Label Group CEO Scott Borchetta
- Today: Andy Cohen; Icona Pop performs; attorney Cate Edwards
- Kelly & Michael: Tyler Perry; Ed Sheeran performs; co-host Erin Andrews
- The View: Guest co-host Bone Hampton, Earthquake, Kathleen Madigan, Retha Jones and Leroya Sanford
- The Talk: Guest co-host Donny Osmond; actress Kristin Chenoweth
- Ellen DeGeneres: Jimmy Kimmel; actress Nicole Kidman
Texas Tech has reportedly contacted former Minnesota coach Tubby Smith about its vacant head coaching position. Smith won an NCAA title at Kentucky in 1998, but was fired by Minnesota on Monday after six years at the school.
Homeowner Moncy Shirley; her boyfriend, Mark Leonard; and his half-brother, Bob Leonard came up with an ingenious plan to blow up her Indianapolis home to collect the insurance money. Unfortunately, the plan blew up in their faces when two neighbors were killed in the explosion and the trio was arrested on charges of murder and arson. Mark Leonard is now facing additional charges of murder for hire after officials intercepted phone calls he made from jail attempting to orchestrate the murder of a witness in the case.
1998: George Michael was arrested in a public restroom in Beverly Hills for lewd conduct.
actor Russell Crowe (Gladiator, Cinderella Man, L.A. Confidential) 49