Bits and Pieces - April 2, 2013
April 2, 2013
Lindsay Lohan has admitted that she walked off with some items from her appearance on the TV show Anger Management. In fact, they say the only thing Lindsay didn't steal were her scenes.
It's looking like JUSTIN BIEBER will be prosecuted for allegedly spitting on his neighbor. After Bieber took his Ferrari out for at a 100 mph spin through the neighborhood on the morning of March 26th, Bieber's neighbor went over to his place and yelled, "You can't drive like this!" to which Bieber responded, "Get the f--k out of here. I'm gonna f--king kill you," and then spit in his face. Authorities might not press the matter if it weren't for all the other trouble Bieber's been getting into, such as speeding tickets, fights, threats, reckless driving, drugs and such. While Bieber has been away on tour, he's letting his pals, including rapper Lil Twist, turn his place into a party house. Word is that they're having parties complete with booze and pot almost every night and someone posted photos of the aftermath of one such party. (See here)
HBO has announced that TRUE BLOOD will return for its sixth season on June 16th. The new season will only have 10 episodes instead of the usual 12 due to ANNA PAQUIN'S pregnancy. (See preview clip here)
- MORRISSEY'S tour may have been cut short due to health issues, but he did manage to get one show captured on video. Morrissey's concert film Live in L.A. will be out later this spring and will feature his March 2nd performance at Hollywood High.
- JENNIFER LOPEZ'S outrageous demands have cost her performing for the opening ceremonies of India's Premier League cricket tournament. It may not sound like a big deal, but it's watched by 60 million people worldwide. Word is that J.Lo demanded a private plane and a bunch of hotel rooms for her stylists and handlers. The gig ended up going to Pitbull.
- TAYLOR SWIFT fans in Newark, New Jersey got a bonus at her concerts there. On Thursday, Neon Trees' Tyler Glenn joined her onstage to sing his band's song "Everybody Talks," and on Friday night she was joined by Train frontman Pat Monahan for a performance of their song "Drive By".
- Jay Leno: Matthew Perry; actress Kristen Schaal; Goo Goo Dolls perform
- David Letterman: Shia LaBeouf; comic Jeff Altman; The Band Perry performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Shaquille O'Neal; Demi Lovato performs
- Conan: Seth Rogen; Earthquake
- Jimmy Fallon: Alec Baldwin; actress Emilia Clarke; the latest "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" castoff; Janelle Monae performs; DJ Jazzy Jeff performs
- Craig Ferguson: Author J.R. Martinez; Toby Keith performs
- Carson Daly: Actor Justin Bartha; Lunarcy; Vacationer performs
The Pittsburgh Penguins say Sidney Crosby is out indefinitely after undergoing surgery to repair a broken jaw. Crosby was hit in the mouth with a puck during Saturday's game against the New York Islanders and also lost several teeth.
U.S. Marine Gregory Schaffer returned to his home in Hypoluxo, Florida after serving overseas in Iraq. Among the first orders of business for Gregory was to install a flag pole in his front yard so that he could proudly fly his American flag. One of the first orders of business for the Town of Hypoluxo was to thank Gregory for his service by citing him for flying the flag, after an anonymous neighbor filed a complaint. The town says it's not actually the flag that's a violation, but the flagpole. Still, Gregory said, "I fought for the flag, now I'm paying for the flag."
1996: Baseball umpire John McSherry died after collapsing during a game between the Cincinnati Reds and Montreal Expos.
actress Bijou Phillips (The Door in the Floor, Bully, Almost Famous) 33