Bits and Pieces - April 3, 2013
April 3, 2013
It's reported that the murder rate in Chicago is down 28 percent in the last six months. Chicago officials are now worried that this could lead to fewer dead people voting.
DONALD TRUMP has withdrawn his $5 million lawsuit against BILL MAHER...at least for now. Maher was on Jay Leno's show and did a spoof of Trump's offer to President Obama regarding his birth certificate by offering to donate $5 million to charity if Trump could prove his father wasn't an orangutan. Trump also produced his short form birth certificate and demanded Maher pay up. When Maher said it was a joke and refused, Trump sued. However, a rep for Trump says the lawsuit was temporarily withdrawn to be amended and re-filed at a later, but unspecified, date.
CONAN O'BRIEN has extended his contract with TBS through November 2015. Conan is taking his show to Atlanta this week for the Final Four.
- GARBAGE will finish a North American run and a couple of shows in Mexico this month and then they're talking about hitting the studio in June to start working on another album that they could have out next year. For next month's Record Store Day they'll release a cover of Patti Smith's "Because The Night".
- CHRIS BROWN released his new single, 'Fine China', as well as its music video. It's from his upcoming studio album X, which Brown says incorporates musical influences such as Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder and Sam Cooke. (See and hear video here)
- CASEY JAMES will debut his new single, "The Good Life," on American Idol on Thursday night.
- Good Morning America: Talk, News
- CBS This Morning: Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan; Food & Wine Magazine Editor-in-Chief Dana Cowin; author Mike Greenberg
- Today: Actors Laura Dern and Sam Neill; Gretchen Wilson performs
- Kelly & Michael: Rosario Dawson; Andy Cohen ("Watch What Happens: Live"); The Bacon Brothers perform
- The View: Brooke Shields; author Debbie Reynolds; Kendra Wilkinson
- The Talk: Actress Jorja Fox; chef Tanya Holland; TV host Thea Andrews
- Ellen DeGeneres: Eva Mendes; John Mayer performs
Tubby Smith has reportedly agreed to terms with Texas Tech to become their new head basketball coach. Smith was fired by Minnesota last week after six seasons.
Police in Gilmer, Texas are looking for a suspect who robbed a local Dairy Queen. The suspect in question may be half-naked as his pants fell off and he ran out of his shoes as he was fleeing from the scene of the crime. The robber is described as a black male, about 5' 9" tall and thin. He's also likely broke as his abandoned pants contained about $550 that he had stolen.
2005: Pope John Paul II died
actor Michael Fassbender (X-Men: First Class, Inglourious Basterds, 300) 36