Bits and Pieces - April 4, 2013
April 4, 2013
German authorities have given Justin Bieber four weeks to pick up his pet monkey or it'll go to someone else. Coincidentally, that's the same thing Bieber was told about Selena Gomez.
HALLE BERRY cussed out the paparazzi at the L.A. airport the other night after they swarmed her while she was holding her young daughter. Halle then had to restrain fiance OLIVIER MARTINEZ as they got to their waiting SUV after he allegedly kicked one of the photographers before she grabbed him and shoved him inside the vehicle. (See and hear here)
A supposed insider at AMERICAN IDOL says NICKI MINAJ won't be asked back next season. A source tells Hollywood Life that Minaj has been nothing but problematic for American Idol producers thus far. Of course, you can probably expect denials from Idol producers in the coming days.
- Steve Buscemi will direct a live stream of a VAMPIRE WEEKEND concert that will launch the fourth season of "American Express Unstaged." The April 28th concert will stream live on VEVO and YouTube.
- JAY-Z is launching Roc Nation Sports. It's a full-service sports management company and their first client is New York Yankees All-Star second baseman Robinson Cano.
- TAYLOR SWIFT and TIM MCGRAW will perform Highway Don't Care with Keith Urban at the Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday. Other performances will include a collaboration between co-hosts Blake Shelton and Luke Bryant as well as Brad Paisley on 'Boys Round Here'.
- Jay Leno: Rosario Dawson; actor Max Greenfield; Gloriana performs
- David Letterman: Louis CK; TV host Rachel Maddow; The Flaming Lips perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Russell Brand; TV host Bob Costas; Gary Allan performs
- Conan: Steven Yeun; Darius Rucker
- Jimmy Fallon: Sarah Silverman; actor Hugh Dancy; Gordon Lightfoot performs
- Craig Ferguson: Lisa Kudrow; Bonnie Raitt performs
- Carson Daly: Author Lawrence Wright; Room 237; Delta Rae performs
Around the NFL...The San Francisco 49ers and former Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $3 million. Former Miami Dolphins quarterback Pat White has agreed to a deal with the Washington Redskins. White washed out with the Dolphins, who selected him 44th overall in the 2009 draft.
Hampton, Virginia Waffle House employee Susan Tinker called to report a robbery at 6 o'clock Monday morning. Police spent more than an hour at the scene investigating before determining there had been no robbery. That's when Tinker told police it was just an April Fool's joke. However, police weren't fooling when they charged Tinker with filing a false report, nor was her boss when he fired her.
2000: A federal judge ruled that Microsoft had broken anti-trust laws in the marketing of its Internet Explorer.
singer/actress Doris Day (Que Sera Sera, Pillow Talk, Teacher's Pet) 89