Bits and Pieces - April 5, 2013
April 5, 2013
North Korea says it has authorized a merciless attack against the United States. North Korea is warning the attack could be almost as devastating as the one unleashed by Justin Bieber on his neighbor.
Some supposed insiders are saying that JUSTIN BIEBER is losing it because he's heartbroken over Selena Gomez. Sources tell TMZ that Bieber showing up late to concerts, smoking weed, threatening paparazzi and allegedly spitting on a neighbor are all because he's torn apart over Selena. They say the worst part is Selena hasn't made it a clean break and has been calling him and sending mixed messages. Meanwhile, Bieber continues to maintain that he's a nice guy and says he doesn't pay attention to the haters. That having been said, he notes that every time a hater visits his YouTube page he gets paid four cents, so it's not all bad. (More on Justin in Dateline Hollywood and Music Notes)
TAYLOR SWIFT, JUSTIN BIEBER, BRUNO MARS and MIGUEL are the first performers announced for the BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS. The awards will be held in Las Vegas on May 19th and will air on ABC.
- JIMMY EAT WORLD'S next album, called Damage, will be out on June 11th. Singer-guitarist Jim Adkins says they recorded it in producer Alain Johannes' Los Angeles home and describes the sound as more raw and warm. The title track will be released on April 20th as a special Record Store Day vinyl single with a cover of Radiohead's "Stop Whispering" on the flip side. A tour kicks off in May.
- BEYONCé is featured on the cover of the British edition of Vogue magazine's May issue and inside she talks about feminism, equality and her decision to call her upcoming tour The Mrs. Carter Show. Beyonce also released a new teaser video on her YouTube channel about some sort of new project that will drop this morning at 9 o'clock. (See and hear here)
- HUNTER HAYES will premiere his brand new single, "I Want Crazy," during the ACM Awards this Sunday on CBS. The song will be on his upcoming Deluxe album, which is due out June 18th.
- Jay Leno: Eva Longoria; actor Terry Crews; performance by Cavalia's Odysseo
- David Letterman: Martin Short; Tyler, The Creator performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Patrick Dempsey; actor Goran Visnjic; Seth Sentry performs
- Conan: Charles Barkley; Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- Jimmy Fallon: Melissa McCarthy; professional wrestler Chris Jericho; Ryan Bingham performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Kunal Nayyar; actress Molly Shannon
- Carson Daly: David Duchovny; director Derek Cianfrance; Gold Fields perform
The Washington Wizards say shooting guard Bradley Beal will miss the rest of the season with a fibula stress fracture in his lower right leg.
Champaign, Illinois' Boblue Dagbe drove his purple Honda to court for a hearing in his aggravated DUI case. Boblue made sure to arrive early and found a parking spot and went inside to await his hearing. Unfortunately, Boblue chose to park in a spot reserved for one of the judges. Security officers went in search of the owner of the purple Honda and soon found Boblue and ordered him to move his car and watched as he parked it in another space. Knowing he was in court on a DUI matter, they ran a check on Boblue and discovered his license had been suspended and therefore he shouldn't be driving in the first place. Not only did he plead guilty to the aggravated DUI case, Boblue admitted that he had no valid driver's license at the time of that arrest and he was arrested again for driving to court without a valid license and given a ticket for parking in the judge's spot.
1994: Netscape Communications was founded
actress Natasha Lyonne (American Pie, Kate & Leopold, Blade: Trinity) 34