Bits and Pieces - April 9, 2013
April 9, 2013
It's reported that North Korea may attempt to fire a nuclear missile this week. That Kim Jong Un is crazier than a Rutgers basketball coach.
Reps for HALLE BERRY have confirmed that she and fiance OLIVIER MARTINEZ are expecting their first baby together. A source supposedly close to the couple says the 46-year-old Halle is at least three months pregnant. Word is she found out she was expecting shortly after feeling sick at this year's Oscars ceremony. There's also buzz that they're expecting a boy.
It's back to the D List for KATHY GRIFFIN as Bravo has canceled her talk show after two seasons. However, Griffin has taped a talk show pilot with Anderson Cooper for CNN.
- The rumors surrounding RICHIE SAMBORA'S departure from BON JOVI'S current tour continue to swirl. The New York Post says, "Jon has been trying to get rid of him. He drinks constantly and has a stream of Hollywood bimbos around all the time. At the urging of his wife, Dorothea, Bon Jovi wants to keep the tour free of booze and drugs."
- RAY J has gotten a dig in at KANYE WEST in his new song "I Hit It First." Ray J reminds everyone that he had Kim Kardashian before Kanye in the sex video that shot her to fame. Lyrics include: "I had her head going North and her a-- going South/But now baby chose to go West." (Hear here - preview!)
- MIRANDA LAMBERT will launch a line of women's footwear that'll include casual, dress, sandals and boots. Miranda's shoes are expected to be in stores in early 2014.
- MUSIC NOTES 3...
- Good Morning America: Harrison Ford; actress Carol Burnett; reality-TV stars Sean Lowe and Peta Murgatroyd; Wrestle Mania 29 winner
- CBS This Morning: Terroir Coffee founder George Howell; Khan Academy founder Sal Khan
- Today: Howard Stern, Heidi Klum, Mel B, Howie Mandel and Nick Cannon; TV personalities Eva Longoria, Ben Patton, Ernesto Arguello and Tim Lopez
- Kelly & Michael: Eva Longoria; actress Jordana Brewster; the latest "American Idol" castoff performs
- The View: Guest co-host Giada De Laurentiis; actress Edie Falco; Melania Trump
- The Talk: Actress Ana Gasteyer; chef Roy Yamaguchi
- Ellen DeGeneres: Chris O'Donnell; actress Aubrey Plaza; correspondent Andy Zenor takes a pub crawl in Sydney, Australia
Dwayne Wade won't rule out missing the rest of the regular season with his knee injury, but added he hopes to return to the Miami Heat lineup before the playoffs.
An unnamed woman in Putnam County, Tennessee called police to report a man screaming for help. Dispatchers also heard the screams in the background and sent deputies Will Page and Gary Davis to the scene. The deputies also heard the screams and traced them to a goat that was tied to a fence.
1894: The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that income taxes were unconstitutional, although Congress later changed the law.
actress Patricia Arquette (Holes, Little Nicky, Medium) 45