Bits and Pieces - April 11, 2013
April 11, 2013
President Obama says he wants scientists to map the human brain. They say it would take about 20 years to map the human brain, or about 20 minutes if they used Snooki's.
MADONNA recently visited Malawi to check in on her children's charities there and by most accounts the visit didn't go well. The nation's education minister accused Madonna of "exaggerating" her involvement in charitable work there, while Malawi president Joyce Banda complained that she'd arrived "unannounced and proceeded to villages and made poor people dance for her." It was also reported that Madonna was stripped of her VIP credentials, which allows a person to breeze past checkpoints. However, Malawi's chief immigration officer noted that VIP treatment may be granted if authorities are notified of their visit in advance, which Madonna apparently failed to do.
QUESTLOVE has revealed that The Roots will be sticking with JIMMY FALLON when he takes over the Tonight Show next year.
- PLAIN WHITE T'S guitarist Tim Lopez is among those seeking a match on the new reality dating show Ready for Love. Lopez says that he did find love on the show and that he's still with her, but he won't say who it is. You'll also have a chance to see the band perform on an upcoming episode.
- LL COOL J will release his new album, called Authentic, on April 30th. Guests will include Brad Paisley, Eddie Van Halen, Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins and Seal.
- THE KENTUCKY HEADHUNTERS will be inducted into the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame during a ceremony at the Lexington Center Bluegrass Ballroom on Friday. The group was formed back in 1968 and somewhere along the way they wisely changed their name from the Itchy Brothers.
- Good Morning America: Gwyneth Paltrow; Demi Lovato performs; Dancing With the Stars castoffs
- CBS This Morning: Motown founder Berry Gordy
- Today: Actors Julie Benz and Grant Bowler; author Mark Bittman; TV host Kurt Warner; chef Giada De Laurentiis
- Kelly & Michael: Joan Rivers; actress Ashley Tisdale
- The View: Guest co-host Ali Wentworth; actress Sarah Hyland; author Paul Anka
- The Talk: Actor Jerry O'Connell; stylist Sam Saboura
- Ellen DeGeneres: Mario Lopez ("Extra"); TV personality Bethenny Frankel; Kacey Musgraves performs
Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter is reportedly selling his minority interest in the Brooklyn Nets so that he can sign NBA players to his newly formed sports management agency. Carter only owns a small interest in the team, but NBA rules forbid owners from representing players.
Grant County, New Mexico sheriff's recently received a call about a drunk driver. That driver turned out to be 52-year-old Lane R. Roberts and like his last six DUI arrests, he doesn't have a leg to stand on in court. That's because Lane's hollow leg really is a prosthetic and after he failed a battery of roadside tests, he was arrested on DUI charges for the seventh time.
1999: The Miami Heat held the Chicago Bulls to 49 points, the lowest score ever in an NBA game since the shot-clock was introduced
actor Haley Joel Osment (The Sixth Sense, Pay It Forward, Artificial Intelligence) 25