Bits and Pieces - April 12, 2013
April 12, 2013
Congress is forcing the post office to continue delivering mail on Saturdays. Thank goodness. Now my weekends can continue to be ruined by getting bills on Saturdays.
It's reported that LINDSAY LOHAN will do her rehab at a place called Seafield Center in Westhampton Beach, New York. While Lindsay's lawyer, Mark Heller, is saying that no decision has been made on a rehab facility, TMZ is not only saying it's a done deal, they point out that it's just 15 minutes from the hottest summer club scene in the country. Seafield is an inpatient facility where patients aren't supposed to leave, but no one can stop them if they walk out the door. However, it does have 24-hour staff guarding the doors, surveillance cameras and walls around the compound. However, if Lindsay does choose to leave, it would almost certainly mean that she'd get tossed in jail. The stay is going to set Lindsay back $51,750 and other potential problems for Lindsay are that they don't allow tobacco or cell phones. Incidentally, after her appearance on David Letterman's show the other night, Lindsay went partying at 1 Oak Nightclub.
NBC has renewed LAST CALL WITH CARSON DALY for a 13th season. That means ALEC BALDWIN won't be joining NBC's late-night lineup.
- OZZY OSBOURNE and BLACK SABBATH will appear on CSI's season finale on May 15th. The group will play a concert attended by some of the characters and perform their new single, "End of the Beginning."
- GUCCI MANE has been indicted on one count of aggravated assault over last month's incident at an Atlanta nightclub in which he allegedly whacked a soldier over the head with a champagne bottle after he asked for a photo.
- KENNY ROGERS, BOBBY BARE and JACK CLEMENT have been announced as this year's inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame.
- Jay Leno: LL Cool J; TV host Andy Cohen; Tegan and Sara perform
- David Letterman: Alec Baldwin; Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Tom Cruise; singer Ke$ha; Paramore performs
- Conan: Charlie Sheen; Tony Hale; Dropkick Murphys
- Jimmy Fallon: Vince Vaughn; comic Amy Schumer; technology journalist Joshua Topolsky; Major Lazer performs
- Craig Ferguson: Carl Reiner; actress Anna Chlumsky
- Carson Daly: Author Sebastian Junger; Monster Mike Schultz; Joshua James
Indiana sophomore Cody Zeller has announced his decision to enter the NBA draft. The decision came less than 24 hours after junior teammate Victor Oladipo also declared for the draft.
They say you should never drunk dial someone. You should also never do what Salt Lake City's Gordon Tye Bell did. Upset that his neighbor had turned him in for drunk driving, a drunken Bell grabbed another beer and went next door to chat about it. To make matters worse, Bell's neighbor is a Utah state trooper, who personally took Bell into custody on charges of witness tampering, trespassing, public intoxication and resisting arrest.
1921: Iowa became the first state to impose a cigarette tax
singer Joss Stone 26