Bits and Pieces - April 15, 2013
April 15, 2013
Famed physicist Stephen Hawking has outlined his scenario of the end of the world. Hawking says you'll know the end of the world is near when he has a lively debate on quantum physics with Snooki.
JAY-Z released a new rap song in which he complains about all the politicians criticizing his and Beyonce's trip to Cuba. The song even got the White House involved because of a line in the song that goes: "Obama said, "Chill you're going to get me impeached." Some people thought that meant Jay-Z had actually gone straight to Obama to get permission to take the trip and the media raised a stink over it. However, the White House says there never was any such conversation with the president and the only reason Jay-Z name checked Obama is because it's hard to find something that rhymes with treasury, as in the Treasury Department, which approves such trips.
PATRICIA ARQUETTE has joined the cast of BOARDWALK EMPIRE for Season 4. She'll play Sally Wheet, a Tampa speakeasy owner who has connections to the local gangsters. The new season will debut on HBO later this year.
- JON BON JOVI is denying reports that a beef over finances prompted RICHIE SAMBORA to bail on their tour. TMZ says the two had a big blowout, but Bon Jovi says, "Don't believe what you read on TMZ because it's the furthest thing from the truth."
- RICK ROSS has been dumped by Reebok over his song, U.O.E.N.O. The song is about date rape and while Ross made a weak apology in which he called it a 'misunderstanding,' Reebok bowed to public pressure and pulled the plug. Reebok issued a statement saying, "While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse."
- SUGARLAND's KRISTIAN BUSH has released a new solo single called "Love or Money." It's only available overseas so far, but he's also launched his own personal website at KristianBush.com.
- Jay Leno: Adam Levine; singer Cyndi Lauper; The Airborne Toxic Event
- David Letterman: Donald Trump; comic Gary Gulman; Wavves perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Patrick Dempsey; actress Elisabeth Moss; Seth Sentry performs
- Jimmy Fallon: Tom Cruise; actress Jordana Brewster; Shuggie Otis performs
- Craig Ferguson: Actor Jason Biggs; actress Keke Palmer
- Carson Daly: Filmmaker Andrew Jenks; blacksmith Tony Swatton; Titus Andronicus performs
New England Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard was sentenced to 30 days in jail and two years of probation for assaulting a police officer outside a Lincoln, Nebraska bar last year. The jail sentence is set to begin next March.
Firefighters and police in Berkeley, Missouri responded to a fire alarm at the Boeing Company this week. The good news is that the fire wasn't coming from a Dreamliner jet. The bad news is that firefighters found chemicals used in the making of meth. Police removed the chemicals and say it was a hoax by an employee with a vendetta against a co-worker.
1789: John Adams was sworn in as the first vice president of the United States.
actress Nicole Sullivan (Mad TV, Superhero Movie, !@#$ My Dad Says) 43