Bits and Pieces - April 17, 2013
April 17, 2013
Lawmakers in California are proposing to extend closing times at bars from 2 a.m.to 4 a.m. Finally some good news for Lindsay Lohan.
JADA PINKETT SMITH is trying to clarify those rumors of her open-marriage with WILL SMITH...again. In a lengthy message on her Facebook page she says there are far more important things to talk about in regards to what's happening in the world than her marriage. As for that recent statement in which she said, "Will can do whatever he wants," she now says that it's because they trust each other and it doesn't mean they have an open relationship, but have a grown one.
Producers of THE BACHELOR reportedly want Masters champ ADAM SCOTT to look for love on the show. However, it would seem unlikely that he'd have time to compete on the Bachelor and the PGA tour.
- BLACK SABBATH will do four North American tour dates starting August 4th in Holmdel, New Jersey. They'll also play Toronto, Seattle and Los Angeles as they promote their upcoming album, 13, which will be out June 11th.
- KE$HA may be getting her cougar on with one of Taylor Swift's exes. Ke$ha says she and Harry Styles have texted here and there, but there's been no sexting yet. However, she added that maybe he can be her cougar bait!
- TAYLOR SWIFT is again teaming with Keds' shoes on a line of Keds' Champion sneakers with a number of unique designs. A few of the designs are available at Keds.com, and the rest will be out next month.
- Jay Leno: Halle Berry; TV host Rachel Maddow; Ashley Monroe performs
- David Letterman: Jim Carrey; Richard Thompson performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mark Wahlberg; New Order performs
- Conan: Russell Brando; Jimmy Pardo; Of Monsters and Men perform
- Jimmy Fallon: Ice-T; TV host Chris Hardwick; Little Green Cars perform
- Craig Ferguson: Selma Blair; comic Nathan Fielder
- Carson Daly: Actor Jim Jefferies; comic Nathan Fielder; Tomahawk performs
Georgetown All-American sophomore Otto Porter Jr. has declared himself eligible for the NBA draft. Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel will also give up his sophomore season and enter this year's NBA draft.
Metairie, Louisiana's Floyd Munson busted into a home and stole custom jewelry belonging to a man inside. Not satisfied with ripping the man off, Munson began taunting him with Instagram photos of him wearing the man's bling and daring him to do something about it. The man did just that, contacting police, who found more photos of Munson wearing the stolen jewelry on his girlfriend's Facebook page. Police found a stolen necklace at Munson's home and while he confessed to sending the Instagram threats, Munson denied any involvement in the robbery.
1940: Bob Feller tossed the first no-hit, no-run game on an opening day as Cleveland beat the White Sox 1-0
singer Bobby Vinton 78