Bits and Pieces - April 19, 2013
April 19, 2013
President Obama is denying stories that he gave Jay-Z and Beyonce clearance to go to Cuba. However, Obama did admit to locking Bruno Mars out of heaven.
RIHANNA has cancelled four concert dates on her Diamonds World Tour since it kicked off on March 8th. Back then it was reported that she was suffering from a throat infection, but now there are rumors going around that she's pregnant. Her people deny the story, but Rihanna was spotted leaving a medical building in Beverly Hills on Tuesday.
It's looking like THE CLEVELAND SHOW has been canceled. While Fox officially says no decision has been made, no episodes have been ordered for next season and since producers need a pretty long lead time to get new episodes ready, its return seems unlikely.
- COLDPLAY'S "Mylo Xyloto" comic book series is going digital. The first three issues are now available exclusively via Apple's iBookstore, with the rest of the series to be released monthly through July. Issue one is currently available for free as the iBookstore's Book of the Week.
- The British edition of Vogue reports that BEYONCé and JAY-Z are the music industry's first billionaire couple. Beyoncé's current world tour and recent deals with Pepsi and H&M have pushed their earnings over the billion dollar mark.
- LONESTAR will release their new album, Life as We Know It, on June 4th. It'll be their first album since the return of lead singer Richie McDonald.
- Jay Leno: Olivia Wilde; actor Nick Offerman; Buddy Guy and The Experience Hendrix All-Star Band perform
- David Letterman: Johnny Depp; Bill Carter and the Blame perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Actor Ken Jeong; Phoenix performs
- Conan: Eva Mendes; Chris Messina; Alt-J
- Jimmy Fallon: Tracy Morgan; producer Andy Cohen; Deerhunter performs; B.J. Thomas sits in with The Roots
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Ginnifer Goodwin; author Salman Rushdie
- Carson Daly: Singer-songwriter Jake Bugg; musical group The Trouble With Templeton; Angel Haze and Maximum Hedrum perform
The Cleveland Indians have placed center fielder Michael Bourn on the 15-day disabled list with a cut finger. Bourn cut his right index finger Sunday sliding into first base when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand.
A carjacking was recently reported in Kissimmee, Florida. The 16-year-old victim told police that he was on Old Vineland Road when an unknown male approached him at gunpoint and stole his vehicle and fled the scene before returning to take his cell phone. The unknown suspect soon became known as Efrain Burgos-Delgado and his getaway wasn't so speedy, as the car he swiped was a remote control toy. Police soon apprehended Efrain, who had the stolen cell phone on him, but told officers he'd sold the toy car to buy drugs.
1775: Paul Revere made his famous ride, warning that the British were coming.
actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (Transformers: Dark of the Moon) 26