Bits and Pieces - April 23, 2013
April 23, 2013
A book about the morning talk show wars is coming out this week and it's reportedly going to make The Today Show look pretty bad. In fact, Al Roker is so nervous about it that he pooped his pants again.
Britain's Daily Star newspaper is saying that OZZY OSBOURNE was so high on drugs and booze that he believed his wife Sharon was plotting to kill him. They say that Sharon finally hit the bricks after Ozzy stayed up six days without sleeping and was hallucinating. They say that on occasions Sharon didn't even know where Ozzy was for hours and sometimes even days and he was running around in the same clothes all the time and not washing.
ABC will air a special bloopers show next month, featuring the wackiest outtakes from THE BACHELOR and THE BACHELORETTE. Look for it on May 21st.
- BOB DYLAN will hit the road with MY MORNING JACKET and WILCO this summer on a tour called the Americanarama Festival of Music. Dates and locations are expected to be announced today.
- SNOOP DOGG'S 4/20 party was snuffed out before the guest of honor arrived on Saturday. The Hollywood Hills party started at 11 am, but neighbors complained to police about the noise and cars jamming the street. TMZ says Snoop arrived to the party just as it was being shut down and he was said to be cooperative and understood why the wingding was brought to a halt.
- TRACE ADKINS is starring in a remake of the Gary Cooper western "The Virginian." The film also stars Ron Perlman and should be out by the end of the year. Meanwhile, Trace's album Love Will ... will be released May 14th.
- Jay Leno: Diane Keaton; comic Trevor Moore; Jake Bugg performs
- David Letterman: Matthew McConaughey; swimmer Ryan Lochte; Steve Earle & The Dukes (& Duchesses) perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dennis Quaid; actress Abigail Spencer; Portugal. The Man
- Conan: Ryan Gosling; Kevin Hart; ZZ Ward
- Jimmy Fallon: January Jones; actor Adam Ferrara; "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" castoff; chef Ilan Hall
- Craig Ferguson: Kat Dennings; author Philip Kerr
- Carson Daly: Rapper Angel Haze; rapper Sirah; Big Black Delta and Grape St.
The Golden State Warriors say forward David Lee is done for the season after tearing his right hip flexor in Saturday's playoff game against the Denver Nuggets.
Salem, Oregon's 26-year-old Benjamin Kohler was serving on the jury of an armed robbery trial. No word yet on the defendant's fate, but Benjamin was sentenced to a couple days in jail for contempt of court. It seems that while the courtroom lights were dimmed during video evidence, the judge noticed an unexpected glow on Benjamin's chest. That glow was coming from Benjamin's cell phone as he was sending out a text message, which violated courtroom rules.
2004: Former NFL player Pat Tillman was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan
actress Amber Heard (Pineapple Express, Alpha Dog, Zombieland) 27