Bits and Pieces - April 25, 2013
April 25, 2013
The NBA has named Indiana Pacers forward Paul George the Most Improved Player of the Year. That's a polite way of telling him that last year he sucked.
Another TEEN MOM is in the news, albeit this time with her clothes on. Once again, it's JENELLE EVANS and once again it involves a drug bust. Jenelle was arrested yesterday in North Carolina for alleged heroin possession and simple assault on husband Courtland Rogers. TMZ says cops discovered 12 bindles of heroin on Jenelle when they arrived to her home following an alleged domestic dispute with Rogers. Jenelle was also found to have Percocet without a prescription as well as a glass smoking pipe. Police say Jenelle hit Rogers with a piece of furniture and he was also arrested for hitting her on the neck and striking her with a closed fist on her head and for also being in possession of heroin.
GLEE'S DARREN CRISS will kick off his first tour on May 29th in San Francisco. Criss will be previewing new material from his upcoming debut album.
- Peter Garrett says it's possible that MIDNIGHT OIL could re-form at some point in the future. These days Garrett is Australia's minister for school education, early childhood and youth. A new compilation called "Essential Oils" will be out next week. The set includes 36 songs on two discs.
- Last week a Russian producer accused WILL.I.AM of stealing his song, Rebound, and using it as the backing track on his new song Let's Go, featuring Chris Brown. It turns out that will.i.am is owning up to it. However, he says he talked to the producer and thought he had permission to use it, but something apparently got lost in translation.
- BRAD PAISLEY will appear as himself in the season finale of Nashville. The episode is set to air on May 22nd.
- Good Morning America: Actor Riz Ahmed; Fantasia performs; "Dancing with the Stars" castoffs
- CBS This Morning: TV producers Mark Burnett and Roma Downey
- Today: Steve Martin and Edie Brickell perform
- Kelly & Michael: Actor Jon Hamm; Snoop Lion performs
- The View: Guest co-host Gretchen Wilson; musicians Steve Martin and Edie Brickell; author Richard Besser
- The Talk: Giuliana and Bill Rancic; TV host Beth Stern
- Ellen DeGeneres: Dennis Quaid; comic Kate McKinnon; Wayne Pacelle, Humane Society of the United States; Grizzly Bear performs
The Cleveland Cavaliers have reportedly re-hired Mike Brown. After coaching the team to the playoffs in all five of his previous seasons with the team, Brown agreed to a four-year, $20 million deal.
Deputies in Bradenton, Florida responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle stopped in the middle of an intersection and found Enrique Barrera-Morales asleep at the wheel. A deputy put the vehicle in park and woke Enrique, who told them that his brother was actually driving. This despite the fact that Enrique was the sole occupant of the car and was sitting in the driver's seat with the motor running and the car in gear with his foot on the brake. Yes, deputies did smell booze on Enrique, who admitted to having a couple of beers before he was busted for DUI.
2005: Pope Benedict XVI was formally installed as leader of the Roman Catholic Church in ceremonies at the Vatican.
actress Shirley MacLaine (Terms of Endearment, Rumor Has It, Guarding Tess) 79