Bits and Pieces - April 26, 2013
April 26, 2013
Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino has started filming his own reality show. It should be pretty good. The show will culminate with his marriage to Kris Humphries.
Producers of AMERICAN IDOL are denying it, but numerous tabloids are saying that there was a plan to dump MARIAH CAREY in the middle of this season and bring JENNIFER LOPEZ back to the judges table! The ratings have been less than spectacular this season, but the story goes that when Mariah's people got wind of the plot, they threatened legal action. Another report suggests the entire judges' panel could be replaced for next season and that the search is already underway. Whether or not the J.Lo story is true, she will be back on the show May 16th to debut her new single.
Mad Men star JON HAMM will host ESPN's ESPY Awards on July 17th. Robin Roberts will be given a Courage Award for her battle with bone marrow disease.
- 3 DOORS DOWN bassist TODD HARRELL is heading to rehab following his DUI crash last weekend that resulted in vehicular homicide by intoxication charges. His rep says Harrell is seeking treatment for addiction issues at an undisclosed facility.
- LL COOL J'S upcoming album Authentic won't be out until next Tuesday, but you can hear it streaming now on Amazon.com.
- Look for CRAIG MORGAN on HLN's "Morning Express With Robin Meade." Morgan will take viewers on a behind the scenes tour of the Grand Ol' Opry and share memories of the Nashville flood of 2010 on the show's My City, My Secret segment. The show airs at 6 am and 3pm Eastern.
- Jay Leno: Gwyneth Paltrow; actor J.B. Smoove; Billy Ray Cyrus performs
- David Letterman: Jim Parsons; Snoop Lion performs
- Jimmy Kimmel: Kaley Cuoco; actor Goran Visnjic; Olly Murs performs
- Conan: Snooki and JWOWW; Ken Marino; Mark Normand
- Jimmy Fallon: Susan Sarandon; actor Anthony Mackie; The National performs
- Craig Ferguson: Zac Efron; author Anna Quindlen
- Carson Daly: Kevin Bacon; designer Ron Finley; Superhumanoids perform
Memphis Grizzlies center Marc Gasol was named NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Gasol becomes the first Grizzlies player to earn defensive player honors and it was his first time winning the award as well.
A custodian at Utah's Mountain View Elementary School discovered a pipe bomb on the roof of the building and informed school officials, who called police. Unfortunately, between steps one and two, the janitor grabbed the bomb and brought it inside the school. By the time police arrived, someone had moved it again to the parking lot. No injuries were reported and it turned out to be a live device, which the bomb squad later detonated.
1519: Leonardo DaVinci died
singer Lily Allen 28