Bits and Pieces - April 29, 2013
April 29, 2013
Firefighters in Virginia found over $1 million worth of marijuana while putting out a fire at a home. Fire officials declared it a four-alarm party.
A new tell-all memoir called "Sex, Lies & The Dirty" by gossip blogger Nik Richie claims that LINDSAY LOHAN did a line of cocaine in a Miami nightclub on New Year's Eve 2009. While that's not too hard to believe, Richie writes that he entered the club's bathroom with her and he writes: "Lindsay goes straight for the toilet, pulling her dress up and sitting (no underwear) and one of her breasts is hanging out the top of the dress. I start to wash my hands and she asks me, 'So, what's your story?' before doing an uneven line of coke off her wrist...the chick from 'Mean Girls' doing blow on the toilet next to me. She's not the same girl anymore." A rep for Lindsay called it an obvious attempt at using Lindsay to sell books, but didn't deny the story.
The series finale of THE OFFICE is coming up on May 16th and NBC has announced that guest starts will include Joan Cusack and Ed Begley Jr. There was no mention of Steve Carrell, although his return is unlikely and if he were to return it would be so top secret that NBC wouldn't have let it slip anyway.
- BLACK SABBATH has added 16 more shows to their North American tour. The tour will now launch on July 25th in Houston.
- BEYONCé has released a snippet of a new song called "Standing on the Sun." It's part of an ad campaign for H&M stores as part of their "Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter" summer campaign. (See and hear here)
- TOBY KEITH will head out on his 11th Annual USO visit to the Pacific. The tour begins tomorrow with stops in the Philippines, Guam and Hawaii.
- Good Morning America: Actor Don Cheadle; director Michael Bay; Tate Stevens performs
- CBS This Morning: Actor Jim Parsons; former professional boxer Laila Ali
- Today: Sara Bareilles performs; Michael Buble performs
- Kelly & Michael: Don Cheadle; Geraldo Rivera; Emeli Sande performs.
- The View: Guest co-host Tim Gunn; actor Robert De Niro
- The Talk: Actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler
- Ellen DeGeneres: Gwyneth Paltrow; 10-year-old singer Georgia Perry; will.i.am performs
Creighton junior Doug McDermott says he's opting out of the NBA draft to return for his senior year.
Imperial, Missouri's 54-year-old Sherrie Gavan allegedly beat her son's heroin dealer with a baseball bat. Instead of being congratulated, Sherrie is being put on trial. Unfortunately, jury selection has hit a snag. It seems that most potential jurors sympathize with Sherrie and are aware that so-called victim Joshua Lloyd is a known drug dealer with numerous convictions on his record. Well, at least most are aware Joshua is a convicted drug dealer. Despite the numerous convictions, Joshua's father maintains his son doesn't deal drugs whatsoever.
1997: The final episode of Married With Children aired on Fox
actress Ann B. Davis (The Brady Bunch) 87