Bits and Pieces - April 30, 2013
April 30, 2013
The mayor of San Diego says he wants Mitt Romney to be the honorary chairman of their bid for the 2024 Summer Olympics. Mitt would be ideal for the job because he says he has binders full of athletes.
It looks like JUSTIN BIEBER and SELENA GOMEZ are back on again. Bieber posted a photo of him and Selena to his Instagram account on Friday night. The photos shows a shirtless Justin working on his laptop, while Selena sits behind him with her arms wrapped around his waist with the caption, "You've been making music for too long babe come cuddle' - her." (See here) Meanwhile, a mashup of Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me" and Selena's "Love You like a Love Song" has hit the internet. (Hear here)
Kristen Wiig will return to host SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE on May 11th with musical guest Vampire Weekend. This weekend, Zach Galifianakis hosts with musical guest Of Monsters of Men. Ben Affleck will host the show's 38th season finale on May 18th with musical guest Kanye West.
- ELTON JOHN has recruited LADY GAGA to be the godmother to his and husband David Furnish's baby son Elijah. Lady G is also godmother to their two-year-old son, Zachary.
- NICKI MINAJ is in final talks to make her movie debut in the Cameron Diaz comedy "The Other Woman." Nicki would play the opinionated assistant of Diaz's character.
- You may kid TAYLOR SWIFT about writing songs about her ex-boyfriends, but it apparently pays as she just bought a Rhode Island mansion for $17.75 million...and paid cash!
- Jay Leno: Ben Kingsley; comic Larry the Cable Guy; The Band Perry performs
- David Letterman: Mindy Kaling; CIA analyst Nada Bakos; Ben Harper performs with Charlie Musselwhite
- Jimmy Kimmel: Martin Short; actress Leah Remini; Zac Brown Band performs
- Conan: Brad Garrett; Amy Schumer; Old Crow Medicine Show
- Jimmy Fallon: Rebel Wilson; chef Anthony Bourdain; "All-Star Celebrity Apprentice" castoff; actress Retta
- Craig Ferguson: Actress Mary McCormack; actor Jim O'Heir
- Carson Daly: Mixed martial artist Georges St. Pierre; "The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl"; Glossary performs
The Colorado Avalanche fired coach Joe Sacco after the team finished with the worst record in the Western Conference and missed the playoffs for the third straight season.
An unnamed and un-shirted man led Southern California police on a high speed chase. The chase might've ended more successfully for our topless friend had he not chosen a U-Haul truck as his getaway vehicle. Surprisingly, the U-Haul truck reached speeds of 90 mph. Not surprisingly, it succumbed to a spin-out maneuver by police and crashed, allowing officers to you-haul our friend to jail.
1913: Gideon Sundback, of Hoboken, New Jersey, patented the zipper
actress Uma Thurman (Kill Bill, The Producers, Be Cool) 43