Bits and Pieces - May 1, 2013
May 1, 2013
Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham sold her sex tape for nearly $1 million. Hopefully this will be a cautionary tale for all unwed teenage mothers.
MILEY CYRUS sat down for a chat with the British edition of Elle magazine. Among the pearls of wisdom that Miley dropped was that "Sex does sell, but you have to find a way that's not just showing your t**s. I don't want to be a glorified model. They just walk on stage and it's all about their clothes - or lack of clothes." Miley added that it was sad people can't separate the ideas of beauty and sex and said, "A star is someone who doesn't have to take her clothes off to be sexy because you naturally have star power." However, you're not going to hear Miley talk about her relationship with Liam Hemsworth anymore because she says, "We were too nice to the world and gave them too much insight - into my life and my puppies and my house - and I just don't feel they get that privilege anymore." For the record, Miley was spotted wearing her engagement ring on Sunday.
Cee Lo Green is returning to THE VOICE for the May 8th episode to perform his new single "Only You". That show will also feature a performance from Rod Stewart. Lady Antebellum, Robin Thicke, Pharrell Williams and T.I. will all perform the following week.
- JOHN MAYER did a good deed last week in Shreveport as he helped to build homes for military veterans. Mayer lent a hand by painting brand-new homes alongside other volunteers. The project was made possible by Mayer's friend, Pink Floyd founder Roger Waters, and the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
- RAY J has released the video for I Hit It First. While he never confirmed the song was about Kim Kardashian, it was pretty obvious and a look-alike of her appears in the video. (See and hear here)
- BLAKE SHELTON dropped into the famed Electric Lady Studios in New York City last week to perform live versions of some of his own songs, including "Mine Would Be You". (See and hear here)
- Good Morning America: Actress Isla Fisher; Kenny Chesney performs; TV host Sherri Shepherd
- CBS This Morning: Dr. Phil McGraw; Tony Award nominations
- Today: Journalist Maria Shriver; actor Gary Busey; reality-TV stars Vinny Guadagnino, Paola Guadagnino and Nino Giamo
- Kelly & Michael: Robert Downey Jr.; NASCAR driver Carl Edwards; Kathy Green
- The View: Guest co-host Jenny McCarthy; Dr. Phil McGraw
- The Talk: Felicity Huffman; activist Nancy Davis; numerologist Glynis McCants
- Ellen DeGeneres: Actor LL Cool J
LSU running back Jeremy Hill has been suspended from the team indefinitely after he was arrested early Saturday in Baton Rouge. Hill was busted on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery after an incident at a bar near the LSU campus. Hill was the team's leading rusher in 2012.
You may remember former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, who once disappeared for several days to go hiking on the Appalachian Trail, but was really in Argentina with his mistress. Sanford is attempting a political comeback by running for Congress, but it turns out the Appalachian Trail adventure may be one of his more sane moments. During the current campaign, Sanford asked his likely bitter ex-wife Jenny to be his campaign manager and at one campaign stop brought his former mistress onstage alongside his kids. Sanford's ex-wife has also accused him of violating a court order by trespassing on her property.
1997: Ellen DeGeneres came out of the closet on her sitcom Ellen.
actress Dianna Agron (Glee, Burlesque, I Am Number Four) 27