Bits and Pieces - May 3, 2013
May 3, 2013
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie attended a town hall meeting this week and shouted an expletive while speaking. It happened when Christie found out the meeting wasn't catered.
Former KARDASHIAN FAMILY nanny Pam Behan has written a tell-all book called Malibu Nanny: Adventures of the Former Kardashian Nanny. She took care of the kids between 1991 and 1996 and says of the sisters, "The girls were all so selfish and shallow - a family of fakes! They would have knock-down, drag-out fights over designer clothes. By the end, they would be crying and bleeding. It was bad!" She says Kris Jenner is "tenacious and does not take 'no' for an answer." Pam says Kris once gave her a shopping list and when she got home, Kris asked where the broccoli was. When Pam told her broccoli wasn't on the list, Kris went nuclear and dropped several F-bombs. She also says Kris gave Khloe a hard time about her weight and the girls would only wear their designer outfits once or twice before giving them away because Kris liked to flaunt how much money they had.
Unlike Joe Biden, JULIA LOUIS-DREYFUS will get a third term as vice president as HBO has renewed VEEP for season three.
- BECK will hit the road for a handful of summer tour dates. The shows will include new songs from his upcoming acoustic album. The American leg of the tour kicks off July 27th in Wantagh, New York.
- KANYE WEST has reportedly finished work on his new album. Word from a recent listening party is that the album was 'dark, but very good' and is due out sometime this year.
- Despite their breakup, a new album from THE CIVIL WARS will be out late this summer. Joy Williams and John Paul White had finished the album before splitting in November over "internal discord and irreconcilable differences of ambition."
- Good Morning America: Ben Kingsley; performance from "Matilda"
- CBS This Morning: Author Pepper Schwartz; actor Kal Penn
- Today: Actor Craig Robinson; JFK's yacht; authors Matt and Ted Lee
- Kelly & Michael: Ben Kingsley
- The View: Guest co-host Debi Gutierrez; Dr. Mehmet Oz
- The Talk: Kathy Griffin; Natasha Bedingfield and Linda Perry perform
- Ellen DeGeneres: Chris Colfer; actress Alison Sweeney; Michael Buble performs
The Chicago Blackhawks and Pittsburgh Penguins will face off in an outdoor game at Soldier Field next March 1st. It's the second announced outdoor game of the season following the annual New Year's Day Winter Classic.
Former Green Bay Packers safety LeRoy Butler is credited with making the very first Lambeau Leap into the stands. However, Butler won't be making a leap of faith. It seems his scheduled speech at a Wisconsin church was canceled by the pastor because he tweeted his supported for NBA player Jason Collins after he came out this week. The pastor did tell Butler he could speak if he removed the tweet, apologized and asked god for forgiveness. Butler declined and fans of irony will say a Hail Mary when they hear Butler was to speak against bullying.
1987: Tom Cruise and Mimi Rogers were married.
TV's Audrina Patridge (The Hills) 28