Bits and Pieces - May 7, 2013
May 7, 2013
In an interview with Piers Morgan, Lindsay Lohan claimed that she's only done cocaine four or five times in her life. Lindsay says she doesn't really enjoy cocaine, she just likes the smell of it.
At the MICHAEL JACKSON wrongful death trial, a police detective testified that Katherine Jackson told him the family had tried drug interventions for Michael because they believed he was addicted to painkillers. However, they said Michael refused any help, saying he didn't have a drug problem. The detective also testified that five days before Jackson died, his manager called Michael's doctor and told him Jackson was sick and asked him to have blood tests done to find out what he was on. That was the day Jackson was told by Kenny Ortega, the director of his This is It concert, to go home from a rehearsal because he was pale and shivering.
JERRY SEINFELD'S online series Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee will be back for a second season. Those driving with Jerry this season will include Chris Rock, Sarah Silverman, David Letterman, Don Rickles and others.
- JOHN MAYER announced on his Tumblr blog: "New record this Summer...Not a Born and Raised 'plus'...A new group of songs to bring the whole thing up to date with Summer 2013." Mayer will launch his first tour in three years on July 6th, but those who happened to be at San Francisco dive bar the Hotel Utah last week were treated to an hour-long concert by Mayer, who just happened to drop in.
- LIL KIM is being sued by her former business manager. He claims her diva-like behavior cost them a number of endorsement deals and thereby cost him millions in commissions.
- GARTH BROOKS will return to the Wynn Encore Theater in Las Vegas for concerts during the Memorial Day and Fourth of July weekends. If you can't be there, the concerts will be filmed for release on DVD.
- Good Morning America: Actress Kerry Washington; Natalie Maines performs with Ben Harper
- CBS This Morning: Musician Burt Bacharach; TV host Andrew Zimmern
- Today: Cast of "Fast & Furious 6"; John Krasinski; former MTV VJs Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, Martha Quinn; actor David Alan Grier
- Kelly & Michael: Kerry Washington; Psy; latest "American Idol" castoff performs
- The View: Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor; comic Jim Gaffigan; author Mary McCartney
- The Talk: Guest co-host Carnie Wilson; TV personality Nick Cannon
- Ellen DeGeneres: Journalist Matt Lauer; actor Max Greenfield; Sophia Grace and Rosie
The Los Angeles Dodgers have placed shortstop Hanley Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list with a hamstring injury. Ramirez strained his left hamstring in a 2-1 loss to the San Francisco Giants on Friday night.
Iowa City, Iowa's 49-year-old Ruston H. Spencer called 911 to report a fight. Among those involved in the fight was Iowa City, Iowa's 49-year-old Ruston H. Spencer. However, Ruston wasn't the only one to call 911 regarding the fight and the other callers also mentioned that Ruston was drunk and had driven from the scene. Ruston assisted officers by telling them they could find him waiting in a lawn chair at his residence, where he was arrested for DUI.
2004: The final episode of the TV series Friends aired.
actress Adrianne Palicki (Friday Night Lights, Supernatural, Lone Star) 30