Bits and Pieces - May 8, 2013
May 8, 2013
It's been revealed that former president Bill Clinton tried to get Led Zeppelin to reunite for the Hurricane Sandy benefit. You can understand their reluctance. After all, look what happened the last time a zeppelin landed in New Jersey.
When LINDSAY LOHAN was on the verge of being slapped with an arrest warrant last week, she and her team called former lawyer Shawn Holley and begged and pleaded with her to re-join her legal team. According to TMZ, Holley found out how much money Lindsay had coming in and only agreed to return if those checks were sent directly to her until she was paid the $150,000 owed for her services. Lindsay had no choice but to agree and it's a good thing she did because it was Holley that arranged for her trip to Betty Ford and the judge says it saved Lindsay from jail. However, Radar Online is saying that Lindsay already wants out of the Betty Ford Center. A source says Lindsay wants to go to either a treatment center in Hawaii, Crossroads Centre in Antigua, or the Lukens Institute in Florida. Lindsay has already asked Holley to clear the switch with the City Attorney.
At this point it looks like we'll just have to watch the series finale of THE OFFICE to see if STEVE CARELL shows up. Most everyone involved is saying he won't, a report on TV Line says Michael Scott will make a cameo appearance in the show's final episode. In any case, Carell did show up with the rest of the cast for the wrap party in Scranton over the weekend.
- BON JOVI kicks off the European and South African legs of their "Because We Can" tour tonight and they'll do it without guitarist RICHIE SAMBORA. Sambora tweeted last Friday that he was doing fine, but still dealing with "private" issues. Meanwhile, Jon Bon Jovi's brother tweeted: "I feel Richie will be back this summer at some point."
- Just hours before his death, KRISS KROSS' CHRIS KELLY attempted to rap lyrics about a room full of dead bodies while totally stoned. TMZ came up with the footage that was shot in Kelly's trashed Atlanta home with several seemingly drugged out people there with him. The video was recorded just hours before he died. (See and hear here)
- THE BAND PERRY will be featured on the TV show Origins: The Band Perry, which premieres this Saturday night on the GAC channel. The special will feature interviews and the stories behind some of their biggest hits along with live performances.
- Jay Leno: Lauren Graham; actor Ken Jeong; Patty Griffin performs
- David Letterman: Zooey Deschanel; comic Jim Gaffigan; Pistol Annies perform
- Jimmy Kimmel: Robert Downey Jr.; actor Simon Pegg; Goo Goo Dolls perform
- Conan: Edie Falco; Marc Maron; Iron and Wine
- Jimmy Fallon: John Krasinski; director Eli Roth; The Breeders perform
- Craig Ferguson: Ryan Seacrest; actress Andrea Osvart
- Carson Daly: Actor Kal Penn; director Shane Carruth; The Neighbourhood
The NBA has fined Chicago Bulls guard Marco Belinelli $15,000 for "making an obscene gesture" during Saturday's Game 7 win over the Nets in Brooklyn. The gesture in question is known as the "Big Balls Dance."
Air Force Lt. Col Jeffrey Krusinski was arrested early Sunday in Arlington, Virginia on charges of sexual assault. It's especially embarrassing for the Air Force as Krusinski is the officer in charge of the Air Force's sexual assault prevention program. At least he was in charge until he was removed from his post, pending an investigation into the allegations.
1789: The first Presidential Inaugural Ball was held in New York City
actress Traci Lords (Melrose Place, Profiler, Cry Baby) 45